As part of the Department of Financial Market, the Institutional Business Development Associate is responsible for the growth and retention of institutional accounts across a designated territory. You will work with existing accounts and cold prospects to build a pipeline of new Corporate Accounts. The position is required perform institutional business development as well as supporting existing clients within your assigned region, with a specific focus on regional Institutional clients in support of the Global Institutional Team.
What the day to day looks like:
- Assist Sales team on client/ business origination and coverage including client onboarding / KYC, proposal and sales material preparation and updating, and client post-drawdown follow-up and monitoring
- Foster good client relationship; gather clients’ feedback to provide valuable input to creative and efficient product design and solutions
- Prospecting and contacting target accounts to introduce OKEx products, assess opportunity, and drive growth as part of a broad outreach – This includes proactively managing and meeting KPIs.
- Strategically and diligently following up with existing and new accounts to ensure questions are answered and/or redirected efficiently.
- Engaging with potential customers and market participants in the region.
- Support the OKEx Institutional Team by assisting in the preparation, development and maintenance of the CRM system and client communications.
- Acquire and maintain sufficient knowledge of the Exchange’s products.
- Identify opportunities to work with customers, as well as those who are not currently registered and/or actively trading.
Ideal candidate must have:
- Degree holder in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or relevant disciplines
- Self-driven starter to deliver support services efficiently to the highest quality.
- Ability to work both independently and in a fast-paced team environment.
- Fluent in English
- 2-3 years sales, marketing and account management experience gained at banks, prime brokers, electronic trading desk, ISVs and Data Provider