* Writes first drafts of editorial materials, including flap copy, fact sheets, catalogue copy, memos, blurb requests, etc.
* Deals directly with high profile authors and agents.
* Prepares forms, including contract requests, profit and loss statements, production memos, estimate requests and payment requests.
* Acts as a liaison between Editorial Director and Sales, Marketing, Production, Design, and Managing Editorial departments and is responsible for staying abreast of all deadlines.
* Assists the Editorial Director in the very timely response to all submissions; may aid in the acquisitions process by reading and evaluating submissions, writing reader’s reports, and researching author track records.
* Performs all administrative duties for Editorial Director, including handling phones, expenses, mailings and messengering.
* Prepares Reading Group Guides, Q&As, and other ancillary material.
* Formats and transmits final manuscripts to Production Department, including proper presentation of copyright materials, art logs, and special instructions from author or editor.
* Handles a limited number of editorial projects as assigned by Ecco’s Publisher.
* 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
* Minimum 1- 2 years of editorial experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Comfortable speaking in front of groups
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong work ethic and exceptional organizational skills
* Ability to handle a large volume of work independently
* Ability to work effectively with all levels of management
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Feel free to apply to this job directly **firstname.lastname@example.org**