Cointelegraph is looking for an experienced copy editor to contribute to the clarity, consistency and accuracy of our content. Our journalists are competent and astute, but no one is perfect — especially when writing on a deadline. Our copy editors have a keen eye for errors and a strong grasp on modern language, delivering both a concise text and an enjoyable reading experience.
Therefore, a Cointelegraph copy editor’s duties include:
- Correcting grammar, punctuation and word choice to enhance clarity and remove ambiguity
- Verifying source material — i.e., making sure that quotes are accurate, the numbers add up, names are spelled correctly, etc.
- Working with the copy desk team to improve upon and implement our style guide
- Elevating the quality of the text while maintaining the writer’s voice
- At least 1–2 years’ experience as a copy editor
- A degree in English, journalism or a research/writing-focused discipline
We prefer candidates with:
- A working knowledge of AP style
- An interest in new technology
- A desire to help standardize and develop the crypto news industry
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Full- or part-time schedules
- The choice to work remotely or in-office
- Flexible paid time off
To apply, email a cover letter and CV to Maxwell, Head of Copy Desk, at firstname.lastname@example.org. From there, a test assignment and interview will be arranged.