**Crunchbase** is the go-to destination to find businesses to sell to, market to, research, work for, invest in, and buy from. We’re aggressively capitalizing on this to become the single place to find information on the world’s businesses.
We are hiring a Product Marketing Manager own the top-of-funnel strategy for the Crunchbase consumer platform and Crunchbase Pro. This role will involve consumer product marketing strategy from start to finish, including positioning, pricing, competitive analysis, feature prioritization, and collateral development. This is a cross-functional position involving close partnership with product, engineering, sales, business development, and other crucial stakeholders.
Marketing at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase Marketing team is responsible for both product and corporate marketing initiatives, including lead generation, creating exceptional content, and driving engagement with our community of users.
**As a Crunchbase Product Marketing Manager, you will:**
• Own product marketing for our freemium experience
• Cultivate a deep understanding of the Crunchbase users and identify their goals, challenges, and buying behaviors based on actionable, data-driven insights
• Create content for marketing assets, including product collateral, email campaigns, and blog posts, as well as facilitate relationships with outside content creators
• Lead go-to-market strategy for new products and features, and project manage the day-to-day logistics for launches
• Work across several aspects of marketing – from branding and positioning to targeted outreach and strategy, go-to-market strategy, campaigns, advocacy, events, and communication
• Drive growth and engagement efforts for the Crunchbase consumer platform, partnering with cross-functional stakeholders including product, engineering, design, and more to drive roadmaps, strategy, and execution
• At least 6 years successful product marketing experience
• Experience with freemium business models, especially driving user engagement, user adoption, and revenue for a direct, online business model
• Previous experience in a high-growth startup requiring you to wear multiple hats
• Strong understanding of audience segmentation and how to cater messages specifically to unique personas
• Strong project management skills, with experience developing and executing marketing strategy successfully while collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus
• User segmentation and positioning experience
• Ability to translate technical products into consumer-facing messaging
• Exceptional positioning, messaging, and strategic storytelling skills
• Excellent communication skills -- speaking to internal executives and external vendors comes with ease
• Self-motivated, action-oriented personality
• Incredibly coachable personality -- you are constantly looking for opportunities to improve your craft
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; MBA is preferred, but not required
**What Crunchbase offers**
• Competitive salary and equity
• A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
• Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
• Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
• Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) -- we don't track vacation days
• Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
• 10 weeks fully paid parental leave for all new parents
• 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
• Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
• Monthly commuter stipend
• Free UberX and Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
• Prime location in the Financial district of SF, just steps from Bart and Muni stops
• Company and team offsites, retreats, events and happy hours
**Crunchbase** does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.