We are looking for brilliant developers with strong iOS experience who have a passion for mobile and enjoy developing in a fast-paced, innovative environment. As an **iOS Developer** at Kik, you’ll be able to leave your mark by working on the Kik native client, the core of Kik Messenger, a product that is used by millions of people worldwide.
- Implement new features in the Kik Messenger mobile app.
- Work in a small team environment and ship code.
- Contribute ideas and participate in design and planning discussions.
- Contribute to everything from low-level networking and parsing, to application logic, to UI implementation.
**Experience We Like:**
- Strong knowledge of the iOS SDK.
- Prior involvement in implementing a feature from specification to completion.
- Real-world mobile development experience (through work or personal projects).
- Strong experience with software design patterns.
- Generous Health, Drug and Dental benefits plans, including Family and Travel coverage.
- Stock Options.
- Flexible work hours.
- Catered lunch and dinner from a top restaurant!
- Flexible Vacation: 3 weeks plus a 2-week shutdown in December!
- Fully equipped office gym with a shower and towel service, and fitness classes!
- Pingpong and Foosball tables.
- Much more!
Our mission is to connect the world through chat. We are doing that by building an ecosystem of services around Kik chat, so users can connect with people, businesses, and the world around them.
Kik is used by millions of users every day where people can chat with friends and connect with chat-based services. Since our company’s founding in 2009, we have raised US$120.5 million from investors including Union Square Ventures, SV Angel, Valiant Capital Partners, and Spark Capital.
In August 2015, Tencent – China’s largest company and the maker of WeChat – invested US$50 million in Kik, valuing the company at US$1 billion.
Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, close to the University of Waterloo, where Kik’s founders were students. We also have offices in Toronto, New York, and Tel Aviv.