As an engineer at Steemit, you will work on a cross functional team with experts across a range of disciplines, with the opportunity to work on a wide range of problems and projects. We believe that all engineers have something to teach and something to learn; and we pride ourselves on creating opportunities for all to lead. We need engineers who are versatile, enthusiastic and curious to tackle new challenges and create new products across all our products as we push the boundary of what can be done with cryptocurrency.
With hundreds of thousands of content creators on the Steem platform, creating products and experiences which delight our users, every member of our team helps to develop applications which have a huge impact in our users lives and communities, who know that the applications they develop will create change and opportunity across the world.
- Work with a team of Developers to design user experiences and build applications for Android or iOS devices.
- Participate in scrums consisting of cross-functional teams, in both software and hardware groups.
- Ensure that features are being delivered efficiently and on-time.
- Participate in architectural review and design, and code contribution.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, OR equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of programming experience.
- 2 years of experience shipping mobile software for Android or iOS.
- Experience developing and growing usage of successful Android, iOS, and Web apps.
- Knowledge of Android, Swift, and/or WebKit.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Passion for technology and technical depth to uncover root causes of complex technical problems and provide guidance on solving them.
- Solid understanding of Linux, networking protocols, and microservices architectures.
- Good coding skills with Python and shell.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Swift, Java, C, C++, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.