Cointelegraph is expanding and looking for a managing editor for the Spanish and Brazilian versions. We are also ready to consider a bilingual candidate for both versions. Moreover, we are looking for a Chinese managing editor as well. A minimum of 3 years experience editing digital and/or print content is required. Please note this is a remote job and you don’t have to attend any office.
What our executive editor must do? Well, the usual stuff:
- Work with multinational team of amazing (and not-so-amazing) authors across the globe;
- Assign tasks and pitch articles to authors; enforce deadlines;
- Copy edit content: style, spelling, tone, verbal identity, clarity, grace, awesomeness, fairness, adherence to editorial standards, conciseness, usage, coherence, logic, punctuation and a whole bunch of other fancy-shmancy words;
- Fact check;
- Enforce brand/style guides;
- Actively participate in brainstorms and ideation;
- Understand blockchain technology and cryptocurrency market OR be able to quickly figure that stuff out.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience editing digital and/or print content.
Skills and duties:
- High managing skills;
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks and turn around copy edits on strict deadlines;
- Proven experience in copy editing content for spelling, clarity, punctuation, grammar, voice, style, tone et cetera;
- Experience in checking sources for the accuracy of stats and quotes cited;
- Must be comfortable editing all content types, short- and long-form articles, digital and social content;
- Enforces brand style standards;
- In-depth knowledge of copy editing tools and stylebooks (ie. Associated Press, Chicago, etc);
- Should possess a superior command of both written and verbal communication skills. The latter will definitely come in handy since we kind of like to talk here;
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Must get into at least one argument about which cryptocurrency is superior per calendar year (Ok, not ‘must’, this is optional);
- Experience editing or writing in B2B or the financial services industry is a plus;
- Proficient in content management systems (CMS) and workflow tools.
If you feel that you are the ONE and ready to work with a multinational team of amazing (and not-so-amazing) authors across the globe, we will be happy to receive answers to the questions below.
In the subject line, please briefly provide answers to the following questions:
- How many years of editorial experience do you have?
- How many subordinates did you have?
- How much was the average traffic on your edited articles?
- Which news sections did you manage?
Also in the letter, we would like to receive answers to these questions:
- Tell us about your current team. Who do you manage? What do they do? What are their responsibilities? What is your workflow in general?
- How much content do you personally give (your team) per week / month / day? What kind of content is it?
- How many articles do you rewrite?
- How will you look for news stories and distribute them among journalists?
- How will you control the quality and speed of translation of English articles?
- Why do you want to change your job?
- When are you ready to start work at Cointelegraph?
- Are you ready to write news by yourself?
- What is your current salary and what are your salary expectations?
- How many hours a day are you ready to work?
- Do you have experience in sales and monetization?
- Who is looking for newsworthy occasions on your team?
- What are the statistics of attendance from your current media, and specifically, the sections that you manage?
- How much time do you need to hire three high-quality journalists for your editorial team?
- What is your English level?
Feel free to apply to this job directly email@example.com