Cointelegraph is searching for managing editor to rule the Spanish and Latin American version. Knowing Portuguese would also be a great advantage — and much money, too, as you could head Cointelegraph Brasil as well. Please note this is a remote job and you don’t have to attend any office. However, being available 24/7 is a must.
What our executive editor must do? Well, the usual stuff:
- Work with multinational team of amazing (and not-so-amazing) authors across the globe;
- Assign tasks and pitch articles to authors; enforce deadlines;
- Copy edit content: style, spelling, tone, verbal identity, clarity, grace, awesomeness, fairness, adherence to editorial standards, conciseness, usage, coherence, logic, punctuation and a whole bunch of other fancy-shmancy words;
- Fact check;
- Enforce brand/style guides;
- Actively participate in brainstorms and ideation;
- Understand blockchain technology and cryptocurrency market OR be able to quickly figure that stuff out.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience editing digital and/or print content.
Skills and duties:
- High managing skills;
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks and turn around copy edits on strict deadlines;
- Proven experience in copy editing content for spelling, clarity, punctuation, grammar, voice, style, tone et cetera;
- Experience in checking sources for the accuracy of stats and quotes cited;
- Must be comfortable editing all content types, short- and long-form articles, digital and social content;
- Enforces brand style standards;
- In-depth knowledge of copy editing tools and stylebooks (ie. Associated Press, Chicago, etc);
- Should possess a superior command of both written and verbal communication skills. The latter will definitely come in handy since we kind of like to talk here;
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Must get into at least one argument about which cryptocurrency is superior per calendar year (Ok, not ‘must’, this is optional);
- Experience editing or writing in B2B or the financial services industry is a plus;
- Proficient in content management systems (CMS) and workflow tools.
Feel free to apply to this job directly firstname.lastname@example.org