Coinbase’s vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. With more than 20M customers and $150B in transaction volume, we are growing fast and trailblazing a whole new industry.
The Corporate Development team works with cross-functional leaders to drive strategic initiatives, assess market and competitive dynamics, and execute and integrate mergers and acquisitions. The Corporate Development Associate is expected to build industry relationships, lead strategic projects, and execute M&A. It is an excellent opportunity to join a small team with a major role in shaping the future of the company and the industry more broadly.
- Assess market and competitive dynamics to shape company strategy
- Partner with cross-functional executives to implement highest priority strategic initiatives
- Build relationships with industry players, startups, and investors to be at the forefront of new developments
- Execute mergers and acquisitions end-to-end, including sourcing opportunities, conducting financial analyses, structuring and negotiating transactions, and integrating targets
- Participate in growing the Corporate Development function by recruiting and developing new team members
- 2+ years experience at top-tier company in corporate development, management consulting, or private equity
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years experience at top-tier company in corporate development, management consulting, private equity, or product management
- Experience in financial services and/or consumer Internet, especially if focused on digital currency
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional senior executives in a fast-changing environment
- Experience negotiating and closing deals
- MBA or advanced degree