At Uphold, our mission is to establish a trusted, consumer-focused platform that creates easy and fair access to financial services worldwide. Since inception, we have fought to provide a fairer, easier and more affordable system. We favor speed, simplicity and ease of use over complexity. We put security and transparency first. Our commitment to transparency sets a new standard for the industry. Unlike banks, we are fully reserved, and transparent: we hold assets to match our obligations and publish both in real time.
The Junior Frontend Engineer will be joining a team of makers that are passionate about technology with a great sense of responsibility. Every day we focus on building and improving our systems with scalability in mind based on these three core principles: maintainability, performance, and security. We stand by the idea that source code is a liability, not an asset, so we do our best to keep things simple while making sure they can achieve the desired outcome. We are continuously challenging ourselves, both individually and as a team, to never stop learning. We work collaboratively with a collective code ownership mindset to design and implement complex technical projects, balancing speed with quality, learning from our past mistakes and allowing everyone time to take the challenge they see fit.
- Pairing with other frontend engineers to deliver new features and enhancements to the platform.
- Deploying code to production together with the assistance of other Engineers.
- Doing peer reviews on pull requests to help identity logic flaws and reducing code complexity.
- Triaging issues and error reports proposing solutions and collaboratively fixing the underlying cause.
- Participating in the development and integration of new features.
- Collaborating in the day-to-day platform support and in the maintenance of our public SDKs.
- Helping the team keep up-to-date with the tech stack ecosystem.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
Experience & Education
- Knowledge of front-end technologies and frameworks like React, React Native, Redux, Styled Components and RESTful web services.
- Modern CSS, including Flexbox/CSS Grid.
- Proficient with Git.
- Basic knowledge of standard development pipelines.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (written and spoken).
- Excellent communication skills and a team player with an ability to work with cross-functional teams, and with a great attitude.
- Contributing to open-source projects.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Uphold is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.