You will be joining a team of makers that are passionate about technology and with a great sense of responsibility. Everyday we focus on building and improving our systems with scalability and high availability in mind based on three core principles: maintainability, performance and security. We stand by the idea that source code is a liability, not an asset, so we do our best to keep things simple while making sure they are able to achieve the desired outcome. We are continuously challenging ourselves, both individually and as a team, to never stop learning. We work collaboratively with a collective code ownership mindset to design and implement complex technical projects, balancing speed with quality, learning from our past mistakes and allowing everyone to take the challenge they see fit.
As a Junior Backend Engineer, you will be:
- Pairing with other software engineers to deliver new features and enhancements to the platform.
- Deploying code to production together with the assistance of other Engineers.
- Doing peer reviews on pull requests to help identity logic flaws and reducing code complexity.
- Triaging issues and error reports proposing solutions and collaboratively fixing the underlying cause.
- Participating in the development of self-contained services to assist other teams.
- Collaborating in the maintenance of our public API documentation to ensure it is up-to-date.
- Helping the team keep up-to-date with the tech stack ecosystem.
Experience & Education:
- Good understanding of relational (preferably PostgreSQL) and/or non-relational databases (e.g. Redis).
- Experience with Git.
- Basic knowledge of standard development pipelines.
- Ability to efficiently communicate in English (written and spoken).
- Excellent communication skills and a team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Contributing to open-source projects.
- Developing software interacting with message queues (e.g. Kafka, NSQ or RabbitMQ).
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Uphold is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.