Digital Asset is among the fastest growing, most recognized fintech startups globally and is the market leader in developing distributed ledger technology applied to the market infrastructure and financial services sector. Backed by leading financial institutions, infrastructure providers, and financial software providers, the company is delivering enterprise-grade solutions for post-trade services.
Digital Asset applies a rigorous, customer-driven approach to deliver on our vision for a better global financial system enabled by distributed ledger technology.
- Our culture is "all-in" and rewards collaboration, integrity, and excellence.
- We value each other, what we do for our clients, and how we do it.
- Our mission is delivering breakthrough distributed ledger solutions.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative, and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others are yet to contemplate and are driven by the opportunity to have impact, the following opportunity may be right for you.
Product Architects leverage deep technical and domain expertise to create products that meet and anticipate clients’ complex requirements - either as part of Core Products ensuring the design and delivery of commercial, production-grade software or as part of Applications interacting with clients to create product-specific solutions. In partnership with DA Engineers and clients, Product Architects model market structure and workflow processes leveraging DAML, our domain specific language.
- While on any given day, you may primarily code, this is a Product role - you will be required to design creative solutions, products, and methods that drive our product strategy and scope
- Collect and define requirements based on a dynamic assessment of functional and non-functional capabilities
- Work directly with clients, including market infrastructure specific solutions, sometimes on-site
- Develop formal models of financial business processes and propose innovative improvements to them
- Solve difficult problems with pragmatic and efficient code
- Contribute to the evolution of our proprietary modeling language
- Meaningfully contribute to our platform architecture and evolving product roadmaps
- A deep understanding of financial markets and processes; The candidate must understand the strategy of markets as well as its mechanics; Knowing the underlying motivation and impetus for market behaviors will enable the candidate to formulate stronger approaches and solutions
- Product Architects are often asked to be a ‘one person show’ and must be capable of taking an abstract idea and turning it into a strategic, pragmatic solution in code and/or well specified requirements
- Excellent computer science fundamentals; Command of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns with ability to fluently translate them into working, elegant code.
- Proficient in functional languages (e.g., Scala, Haskell)
- A careful blend of creativity and pragmatism; Digital Asset is part of a community bootstrapping a technology and demand for the technology while simultaneously on tight delivery timelines
- Committed to sustainable, tested development, and quality as evidenced by pursuit of design excellence and use of leading automated testing tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience successfully collaborating with others in a dynamic, fast-paced, pressured environment
- Ability to effectively summarize and present validation findings to senior level executives within DA and at clients
- Experience using Agile methodology and the Agile SCRUM framework
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Financial engineering experience as a “quant,” “strat,” or algo trading developer
- Excellent communications skills, comfortable presenting complex concepts in front of a packed room of clients
- Skilled in leading and working within an Agile environment, including participation in daily scrum meetings, backlog management, sprint definition, and retrospectives, preferably within a global team