The IOTA Foundation is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Berlin, Germany. The Foundation’s mission is to support the development and standardization of new distributed ledger technologies (DLT) that drive permissionless innovation ecosystems, in particular the IOTA Tangle. The IOTA Tangle is an innovative type of DLT specifically designed for the Internet-of-Things (IoT) environment. It is an open-source protocol facilitating novel Machine-to-Machine (M2M) interactions, including secure data transfer, fee-less real-time micropayments, and the collection and dissemination of sensor-based and other types of ‘oracle’ data.
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Tech Analyst. The function of the Tech Analyst is to support the key, strategic industry partners on behalf of IOTA foundation. This is a hands-on external facing technical position. Creating and communicating best practices, and assisting external partners with their requirements are key elements of this role. We are looking for an experienced solution architect who loves to solve complex problems, and who is eager to learn new technologies while working on the next generation of DLT products. We aim to build applications using IOTA libraries to demonstrate use cases for IOTA technology.
We are working with partners in different industries one of them the mobility sector, where we are currently witnessing great changes and at the same time many opportunities for IOTA to be applied. While technological breakthroughs have vehicles enabled to be more and more connected and increasingly autonomous as well, the traditional business models of car manufacturers need to change accordingly. A frictionless transfer of value and assets is a prerequisite for this digital economy around machines and IOTA is the technology to build the tools for it.
You will join a team that has the overall responsibility for market adoption efforts, defines the global go-to-market approach, and identifies and qualifies strategic partnerships and opportunities within industry vertical or ecosystem arenas.
We aim to build a portfolio of strategic PoCs and pilots to showcase the feasibility and desirability of IOTA, define the strategic communication incl. key messages and target group in collaboration with the communication department. Our goal is to establish IOTA as a trustworthy partner. In addition to that, we engage proactively with influencers and decision-makers to shape the framework conditions for DLT in the industry.
Our team, like our technology, is distributed. For this position, you can choose to work remotely from anywhere in the world, or you can work out of our satellite offices in Berlin (HQ), Tel Aviv, or later this year Singapore, Taipei.
- Own the technical aspect of the relationship to partners from ideation to execution
- Define technical requirements for executing proof of concept projects and support implementation of same
- Support ideation and identification of opportunities to develop PoC’s and pilots together with partners to showcase IOTA’s capabilities
- Support building visual concepts and create prototypes and mockups
- Communicate problems, requirements and suggestions from industry partners to core developers in a structured way
- Provide technical direction and architectural governance
- Detailed infrastructure architecture and design governance across the full stack of the project
- Propose appropriate design and implementation decisions of solution
- Propose appropriate technology choices and the processes required to implement them
- Develop relationship with the partners expert community to demonstrate thought leadership and become a trusted point in the relationship
- Translate the IF's developments (products) into the partners business cases and vice versa
- Understand partner and industry specific technology trends and requirements
- Strong communicator and high level of fluency in spoken and written English
- BS or MS in computer science / engineering or related preferred
- Several years of experience in software development in at least two of the following fields: Web, Mobile, Backend, Embedded, IoT
- Experience in technical consulting and strong interaction with external parties
- Experience in developing with IOTA or other DLT´s preferred
- Enjoy cross-functional collaboration and shared responsibility in small team settings
- Enjoy on the job learning of new technologies
- Experience in the automotive/aviation/mobility/manufacturing industry
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate with a high degree of independence
We offer our employees:
- Constant technology challenges
- Opportunity to be a high-impact contributor
- Work with the best engineers in their field
- Casual and fun work environment from anywhere in the world with a reliable internet connection
The IOTA Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
**We are currently accepting applicants from Australia, Brazil, Canada, (the) EU, Israel, Norway, Pakistan, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, (the) UK and (the) US. Residents of these countries, are welcome to submit an application, residents of all other countries will be put on hold until we can hire in other areas.