OTC Exchange Network (“OTCXN”) is looking for the best and brightest who can be both fantastic team players and individual contributors to join our family. We want rock-stars without rock-star attitudes, newbies who aren’t afraid to take charge, people who dream big and can share a path to their vision, but most importantly, we want balanced people.
What we do
At OTCXN, we leverage our own Blockchain (also known as Distributed or Shared Ledger Technology), Smart Contracts, Cryptographic Multi-Signature, and other related technologies in a unique, focused, total solution for global FX trading use cases. With the use of these technologies, we have eliminated the credit gap that has been plaguing the largest market for decades.
Our leadership is comprised of professionals who have the know-how and experience building FX and Blockchain technologies from the ground up. Additionally, OTCXN is in a rare position where clients have been waiting for this solution and are eager to start, while also being in the position of not having competitors within either the FX or Blockchain space.
Does this sound like you?
- You want to make a difference and don't want to be just another cog in the wheel
- You are very open to learning from others and when given the opportunity, always willing to jump in and give it your all
- You're the type of person that genuinely prefers to help out where others are weak and you're also always open to accepting help with your own weaknesses. You understand no one is perfect
As a Senior UI Software Engineer for OTCXN, you will be able to participate in a wide variety of projects that help bring transparency to the largest financial markets in the world. The challenges and problems you face will certainly be the most difficult you have ever experienced, while taking you back to many core concepts you learned in school and thought you would never really use. The good news is that we know and expect this to be the case. Regardless of where you came from or what you have done previously, you will be entering a world of bleeding-edge technology requiring solutions that have yet to be invented. This is a company unlike many others where we don't simply use off-the-shelf components and package them up with some business logic and call it a day. If you're looking to take your knowledge and skills to another level, you've found the right place.
This role is primarily for the following:
- You aren’t a new grad, you’ve got some years under your belt and it shows, because you have worked on various levels, services, layers, etc., for many projects
- You call yourself a polyglot programmer, but you haven’t spent several years with each language professionally
- You might have had some experiences regarding various cryptographic protocols, blockchains, smart contracts, etc.
- You are a code ninja that solves problems in ways most wouldn't think about (and often much more efficient/better)
- You might not be a leader, but you can step up when needed and colleagues trust in your ability to lead properly
The following will be expected of you:
- Maintain and update existing programs
- Expert at troubleshooting and solve technical problems
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining compelling user interfaces that function properly in all supported browsers
- Solid understanding of web standards and usability methods
- Collaborating with fellow engineers and colleagues; there are no teams of one
- Taking part in research and development, designing systems and applications, writing or collaborating on papers, and openly sharing knowledge
- Participating in code reviews, technical meetings, company fun events (all work and no fun = boring)
- Keeping up with technical changes, challenges, or news within the FX and/or Blockchain space
- Overall engineering experience should be at least 5-10 years professionally
- Experience in working with JSON, RESTful services, and data-driven web applications
- Experience in working with git and UNIX
- Core understanding of UI/UX usability principles and guidelines
- Work closely with Product leads for fast iterative designs
- Working experience in front-end development tools e.g. npm, webpack, NGINX
- Working experience in AWS and cloud deployment
- Experience in writing unit tests and browser behavioral tests
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to share existing personal projects: architectural designs, pitfalls, deployment methodology, etc.
- Strong design skills with tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and other Adobe Creative Suite applications
The following generous benefits package is provided to all employees:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- Bonus program
- Free snacks