Brave is hiring a seasoned Product Manager to drive the growth of Brave's App ecosystem, built on foundation of Basic Attention Token (BAT) cryptocurrency. If you’ve had experience getting a software platform or ecosystem off the ground, and have an eye for strong economic models and partnership opportunities, you will have a lot to work with here. Brave has launched a Publisher App with a contribution/donations system built in and upgrading it to become a rewards based system that will allow more than donations/contribution system soon. Future possibilities for this technology range from content micropayments and subscriptions, to an airline “miles”-style system, and other novel models that take advantage of Brave’s unique browser-native cryptocurrency.
We are looking for a creative product thinker who understands the nuts and bolts of product management and the software engineering lifecycle, and is also capable of working hand-in-hand with business development and Brave partners to define and deliver opportunity-driven, revenue-enabling products. The Product Manager will work as a senior manager that is evolving BAT ecosystem around fraud systems, expanding our analytics capabilities while evolving the BAT Cloud to a fully de-centralized implementation.
This position is in San Francisco and reports to Brave’s Product Lead for the BAT ecosystem.
Required skills and experience:
- 10+ years industry experience
- 5+ years in product management, including consumer product experience; and/or 5+ years in roles closely aligned with systems development, rewards and/or point based systems, advertising, and having an understanding of publishers
- Experience launching and managing big data systems
- Proven ability to work effectively with and influence strong technical teams
- Ability to deliver software functionality in concert with partners
- Strong familiarity with software development processes
- Strong sensibilities around privacy
- Top-notch communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational abilities
- Grasp of essential technical concepts underlying the web
- Familiarity with digital advertising
- Experience working with cryptocurrency-related systems
- Experience working in the adtech ecosystem
- Experience as a software developer
- Experience working with web browsers or related platform technologies
- A degree in computer science and/or an MBA