Chainalysis is one of the fastest growing companies in the cryptocurrency space. We build trust in blockchains between people, businesses, and governments. Our cryptocurrency investigation and compliance software is used by the world’s leading institutions. With offices in New York, Washington D.C., and Copenhagen, we are a global company backed by Benchmark and other leading names in venture capital.
Chainalysis is solving an immediate problem in blockchain -- allowing legitimate businesses to transact with cryptocurrencies in a trustworthy way. We work side-by-side with government agencies and the private sector on the most important cases involving dark web markets, terrorist funding, and hacking/ransomware.
We are looking for an experienced Communications Manager to lead our communications efforts. This position will be based out of our New York office and reports to the head of Marketing.
- Elevate our external communications. This means creating an external communications strategy, coming up with KPIs to track success of the plan, and implementing a process for managing all the various communications-related workflows.
- Execute the communications plan. This includes developing media relationships, pitches, bylines and guest editorial/column pieces by our internal thought leaders.
- Seek out the right speaking/appearance opportunities for our leadership team
- Writing actual content pieces as needed
- Develop an editorial calendar that aligns with the content marketing calendar and product launch roadmap, and then sharing it in an effective way with the larger organization
- Become an expert on current events related to our field and identify opportunities to get our voice out in the market/expand coverage of our work
- Work closely with the Marketing/Product Marketing teams to align on messaging/positioning
- Work with internal thought leaders, including prep for interviews and media training
- 5+ years of in-house communications experience, preferably in the B2B tech space
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; experience developing great content
- BA/BS in Journalism, English, Marketing or Communications is preferred
- Ability to manage multi-layered workstreams and meet deadlines
- Understanding of how digital and social media work from a media relations perspective
- Experience working with PR agencies
- Proactive and scrappy but very organized and comfortable in a fast-growing tech startup
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with grace
- Can tell a really good story (both content and delivery)
- Knowledge of or experience in the blockchain or cryptocurrency space ideal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.