We believe that everyone’s money should be secure. Billions of people around the world don't have a safe place to store their money. Their banks can't be trusted. Their governments inflate their currency to pay off debts, hurting citizens. Our mission at Reserve is to change that. Reserve is a stable, decentralized currency that can’t be abused by a government. It’s globally distributed and outside of anyone’s control, so bad governments can’t shut it down.
Blockchain finance is an enormously high-stakes adversarial environment; hundreds of millions of dollars of assets have been stolen so far. We have to assume that any security vulnerability we have will eventually be exploited. You will take on the critical challenge of meticulously reviewing all our systems for vulnerabilities and then fixing them. Here are some responsibilities you’ll take on for that goal:
- Working hard to break our systems.
- Researching known security vulnerabilities in the systems we use.
- Selecting and working with security assessment firms to evaluate our smart contracts.
- Helping our team maintain operational security.
Your day at Reserve
You show up at 10am for our full-team meeting. In the morning, you read up on newly-discovered security vulnerabilities in Ethereum. You have lunch with the engineering team, where you talk about how to defend against clever ways that our system could be hacked. In the afternoon, you uncover a new way to get unexpected behavior in our smart contracts, and formalize test-acceptance criteria so that the Engineering Team can avoid it. You watch a video going around the engineering team about some of the beautiful things you can do with hashing and merkle trees. You go climbing at 7pm with half the engineering team.
Who you are
- You work from the security mindset.
- You have demonstrable experience finding and fixing security vulnerabilities.
- Experience with binary exploitation.
- Experience with in-depth application security.
- You have worked in a tightly coordinated team, and know how to sync closely with team members.
- You're a fit for our eccentric culture (read more about it here).