We believe that everyone’s money should be secure. Billions of people around the world don't have a safe place to store their money. Their banks can't be trusted. Their governments inflate their currency to pay off debts, hurting citizens. Our mission at Reserve is to change that. Reserve is a stable, decentralized currency that can’t be abused by a government. It’s globally distributed and outside of anyone’s control, so bad governments can’t shut it down.
To achieve our mission, we need to take our powerful and stable technology and strike partnerships with players in the crypto and finance spaces. Your role is to make these deals happen. You’ll join forces with our Business Development Team, which has already landed a good handful of partner-deals and is in talks with many more. Here are some example responsibilities you’ll take on towards advancing our partnership efforts:
- Working with our Product, Growth, and Marketing Teams to refine our value propositions.
- Scouring the crypto and finance spaces for potential partners.
- Prioritizing which opportunities to pursue, and focusing relentlessly on your top priorities.
- Leveraging your own and our networks for contacts and intros.
- Negotiating deals.
Your day at Reserve
You show up at 10am for our full-team meeting. In the morning, you meet with the Research Team Lead to discuss the next research steps for partnering with crypto exchanges. You travel to San Francisco for lunch to meet the CEO of a potential partner. In the afternoon, you have back-to-back calls with senior employees at several crypto exchanges. You join an investor call at 4pm, they're in for 2 million. At 5pm you meet the Head of Marketing where you share your updates about how to pitch Reserve. Then you send follow-up emails to the crypto exchange employees you had called.
- You have a proven track record at making large partner-deals.
- You have been notably responsible for a company’s relationship building and market opportunities.
- You are experienced at finding potential partners.
- You have worked in a tightly coordinated team, and know how to sync closely with team-members.
- You have your own strong network that you can leverage.
- You're a fit for our eccentric culture (read more about it here).
- Familiarity with the blockchain industry.
- Experience with public speaking and pitching potential investors and partners.
- You have built and managed your own Business Development Team, and you know how to elicit high performance from every team member.
- You already have a few people in mind that you’d want to bring onto this team, and have the ability to do so.