We believe that everyone’s money should be secure. Billions of people around the world don't have a safe place to store their money. Their banks can't be trusted. Their governments inflate their currency to pay off debts, hurting citizens. Our mission at Reserve is to change that. Reserve is a stable, decentralized currency that can’t be abused by a government. It’s globally distributed and outside of anyone’s control, so bad governments can’t shut it down.
To achieve our mission, we need to take our powerful and stable technology and bring it into people’s lives in a easy and practical way. Designing practical and distributable products is hard, and so we’re looking for someone to fill this role who actually cares about making this happen. There are very large numbers of real people out there with an actual need, and this is a rare opportunity to do something that matters on a fundamental level for the people using it.
In phase one, you will lead a customer-oriented process to find tight product-market fit. You, and the Product Team you help to build, will go and meet the users to understand what they need inside out. This will range from going on field trips to Argentina, having lunch with crypto insiders, and taking calls with Portuguese industrialists with business interests in Angola.
In phase two, you will lead the development and implementation of our chosen products. You’ll coordinate closely with the engineering team to make further innovations in our product, as well as coordinate tightly with the CEO and Head of Growth to sequence out our markets and develop our go-to-market strategy.
Your day at Reserve
One week you are at our Lake Merritt office, and you show up at 10am for our full-team meeting. In the morning you onboard a new recruit. You travel to San Francisco for lunch to meet a crypto insider. In the afternoon, have calls with crypto power-users of stablecoins. Then you have a Product Team meeting to check-in on people’s progress and delegate new tasks. You join an investor call at 4pm, they're in for 2 million. Finally you work on strategy with CEO and Head of Growth until 9pm.
The next week you are in Argentina, starting your day with a breakfast meeting with a local Telecom executive. At 11am you begin your tour of the local infrastructure, visiting street stands, gas stations, supermarkets, and convenience stores. In the afternoon, you run a focus group with a local guide. At 7pm, prompted by your day, you give the research team questions that they’ll answer overnight.
- You're able to learn new technical subjects. (You'll need to understand the intricate details of how our protocol works.)
- You have gone through the scaling process before and know what it’s like to go from 20 people to 100.
- You have led product development for a major project, and you know how to relentlessly prioritize and act quickly without full information.
- You have built and managed your own product team, and you know how to elicit high performance from every team member.
- You're a fit for our eccentric culture (read more about it here).
- Familiarity with the blockchain industry.
- Experience with public speaking and pitching potential investors and partners.
- You already have a few people in mind that you’d want to bring onto this team, and have the ability to do so.