We believe that everyone’s money should be secure. Billions of people around the world don't have a safe place to store their money. Their banks can't be trusted. Their governments inflate their currency to pay off debts, hurting citizens. Our mission at Reserve is to change that. Reserve is a stable, decentralized currency that can’t be abused by a government. It’s globally distributed and outside of anyone’s control, so bad governments can’t shut it down.
Reserve’s engineering team has an ambitious goal - to ship a hugely valuable smart contract that’s correct and secure. But it’s also a race to launch before our competitors. This requires recruiting a wide range of highly competent technical talent, and doing it quickly. Your role is to lead recruitment for the engineering team and be a pivotal multiplier that enables them to ship fast. Here are some of the responsibilities you’ll take on towards that goal:
- Owning the technical recruitment pipeline.
- Planning what technical roles we need to fill.
- Tapping into your network to find technical leads.
- Sourcing technical leads.
- Engaging technical leads.
- Assessing technical leads.
- Answer the recruit’s questions about the company.
- Giving timely updates to recruits as they move through the pipeline.
- Onboarding technical recruits.
- Keeping the CEO and the CTO up to date with good estimates of our recruitment timelines.
- Iterating our recruiting processes to improve our success rate.
Your day at Reserve
Show up at 10am for our full-team meeting. In the morning, onboard a new recruit. Have lunch with the engineering team, where you tell everyone about an exciting new candidate. Have back-to-back calls at 2pm to chat with a couple potential hires. Later send out a batch of emails to potential recruits at different steps in the pipeline. Send a message to the CTO with your updated timeline for recruiting three software engineers. Go climbing at 7pm with half the engineering team.
- You have demonstrable technical recruitment ability.
- You have your own notable network of potential technical recruits that you can tap into.
- You have worked in a tightly coordinated team, and know how to sync closely with team-members.
- You're a fit for our eccentric culture (read more about it here).
- Familiarity with the blockchain industry.