We believe that everyone’s money should be secure. Billions of people around the world don't have a safe place to store their money. Their banks can't be trusted. Their governments inflate their currency to pay off debts, hurting citizens. Our mission at Reserve is to change that. Reserve is a stable, decentralized currency that can’t be abused by a government. It’s globally distributed and outside of anyone’s control, so bad governments can’t shut it down.
We are taking a maximally nimble approach to developing extraordinarily robust programs, and the best practices in the domains we’re working in change on a month-by-month basis. You will manage the engineering team to efficiently ship a system of smart contracts that is correct and secure. Here are some example responsibilities you’ll take on towards that goal:
- Managing the project, ensuring good task allocation and building improved processes.
- Communicating openly with your teammates, flagging and collectively tackling issues as they arise.
- Hiring and onboarding new technical recruits.
- Mentoring less-experienced engineers.
- Being familiar with your teammates’ code and contributions.
- Helping our team maintain operational security.
- Writing technical documentation.
- Setting priorities for the engineering team as the product plans develop.
- Keeping the CEO and product team up-to-date with good estimates of our engineering timelines.
Your day at Reserve
You show up at 10am for our full-team meeting. In the morning, you onboard a new software engineer. Over lunch with the engineering team you learn about a way our system could be vulnerable and propose a small change to our workflow to prevent the oversight in the future. In the afternoon, you meet with a handful of engineers to coordinate project plans for the next week. Later, you spend a couple hours mentoring a junior team member. At 7pm you go climbing with half the engineering team.
- You have demonstrable technical leadership and software engineering ability.
- You are adept at learning new technical concepts.
- You're a fit for our eccentric culture (read more about it here).
- Familiarity with the blockchain industry.
- Familiarity with Go.
- You can think in the security mindset.