Blockchain Exchange Ltd is looking for an experienced Backend Developer and Server Administrator to join their new Malta- and Switzerland based Blockchain project.
The Malta office is bright, spacious and ultra modern and located in Mriehel, offering private parking in addition to a generous remuneration package.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a company in its early stages of development, to be part of a revolutionary product, and to travel frequently to CryptoValley in Zug, Switzerland to work with some of the sharpest minds in the blockchain technology sphere!
About the SYSADMIN AND BACKEND DEVELOPER role
With a product development team based in Finland, the SYSADMIN AND BACKEND DEVELOPER will be working initially with one other developer in the Mriehel office, creating a Malta team. The team will be liaising closely with the product development team in Finland to create, develop and maintain state of the art products and online services and deliver a second to none, state of the art, user interface experience to both desktop and mobile users.
In addition to the technical experience required, the right candidate shall be a real “geek” when it comes to software development. Someone who likes to read, learn and try new technologies, and to stay abreast with the latest development would be an ideal candidate for this role. Innovative is a one of the key words of the company's philosophy!
Technical Requirements & Job description
- Solid understanding of general programming principles
- Ubuntu Linux administration skills
- Chef and Docker deployment scripts
- Shell scripting / Perl / Python
- Apache configuration, SQL based rdbms admin
- SMTP / POP / IMAP email server setup
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Server hardening, penetration testing
- Twin key cryptography on Java
- Avro binary encoding
Personal Attributes, Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in IT or equivalent
- Strong teamwork and communications skills
- Problem solving attitude towards technical and business challenges
- Interest or basic knowledge of blockchain technology
- Provide expertly written, reusable code
- The right applicant for this role must be able to communicate fluently in English
- Previous experience of working within an agile environment would be considered an asset
The role is full time, Monday to Friday, based in Mriehel – normal office hours. Interviews are on-going and we can offer a starting date rather soon. Please forward your up-to-date LinkedIn Profile and/or a CV with your application.