Crunchbase is the go-to destination to find businesses to sell to, market to, research, work for, invest in, and buy from. We’re aggressively capitalizing on this to become the single place to find information on the world’s businesses.
We are hiring a hands-on Senior Data Scientist to help build the next level of the Crunchbase experience. We are looking to go deeper on the data we have to generate and present insights that help our users better understand our data, and offer observations specifically tailored to their use-case. The ideal candidate is passionate not only about data and what it can teach us, but also about our users and how to drive an experience that helps them engage with and explore our data.
Engineering at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase engineering team is a dynamic, fast-paced team that is committed to quickly delivering features, evaluating them, and iterating towards the ideal product. We are organized both in function and feature oriented teams, as we find that this structure provides:
• The support of other experts in the technologies and the part of the stack you are using
• The opportunity for engineers to operate independently and cross-functionally, while also being responsible for the complete project cradle to grave, including its success and its plan for the future
Data Science at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase Data Science team is a brand new team that will own all user facing data analysis features, and be responsible to the development of predictive models to power product features, as well as models to enhance the accuracy and precision of our data.
What You Will Do
• Help drive Crunchbase insights engine and turn our business vision into features
• Collaborate with the product team and other stakeholders to help drive Crunchbase insights
• Work on all aspects of the feature delivery cycle, from ideating on what to do next, collecting requirements and all the way to production
• Develop statistical and machine learning models to answer questions our users are interested in such as "who is likely to invest in this company"
• Help establish processes and best practices to help grow the data science team
Who You Are
• You have an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline
• You have strong statistics and machine learning background
• You have 3+ years of industry experience
• You are an excellent communicator and able to explain complex issues to stakeholders in simple terms
• You like to understand the product and deliver meaningful features that drive the business forward
• You like to be hands-on and feel comfortable coding (Python preferred)
• You are familiar with an array of analytics and big data tools (e.g R, SQL, etc)
• You like finding patterns in data!
What Crunchbase offers
• Competitive salary and equity
• A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
• Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
• Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
• Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) - we don't track vacation days
• Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
• 10 weeks fully paid parental leave for all new parents
• 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
• Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
• Monthly commuting stipend
• Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
• Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
• Company and team offsites, retreats, events and happy hours