HEAD OF OPERATIONS / COO
Reports To: Managing Director
Hours of Work: 9:00am to 6:00pm
We are hiring a Head of Operations for a new cryptocurrency exchange in Malaysia. With the international expansion in blockchain, IBV Group aims to establish a cryptocurrency exchange that is fully compliant with the regulations aimed at correspondence of securities token.
Infinity Blockchain Group is a team of 200+ blockchain developers, researchers, marketers and strategic planners in Vietnam who are engaged with partners in over 9 countries (Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Myanmar, China, Taiwan).
Infinity Blockchain Holdings is a holding company of a blockchain corporate group based in Singapore. In addition to the group's legal, financial, and labor supervisory functions, we provide professional services specialized in legal / finance of blockchain business both of inside and outside of the group.
Infinity Blockchain Labs is an R&D company specialized in blockchain based in Vietnam. It started from 4 people in 2015, now has grown to be one of Asia's largest blockchain companies, with 250 staff members. We are developing several blockchain products including "Infinito Wallet" which over 300,000 people use around the world. We are also focusing on research areas, and we are pursuing joint research for practical application in collaboration with Taiwan Technical University and the top university in Vietnam.
Infinity Blockchain Ventures is a blockchain-specialized accelerator company based in Thailand and Malaysia. It aims to create reverse-innovation that transforms the world from Asia and utilizes group companies’ strength with a wide range of resources from legal to development to maximize the client's blockchain business. We run the blockchain media called "Asia Blockchain Review" specialized in Southeast Asia, aiming to be a gateway in Asia in the blockchain industry.
Key Purpose of Role:
To control and oversee all strategic business aspects for the cryptocurrency exchange. Responsible for implementing a robust strategy that is aligned with a vision for success, by driving business and exciting partnerships. The ideal candidate will have a business mindset and will be able to see the ‘big picture’ in a variety of settings.
- Responsible for the overall success of the encryption currency exchange within the Malaysia market
- Drive market leading top-line performance through working directly with customers in the market and across the organization
- Ensure the encryption currency exchange offering meets needs of all customers in the region
- Oversee business development team to establish relationships with banking partners
- Identify and drive new business opportunities with Malaysia based financial institutions
- Engage with Marketing team to facilitate customer messaging and communication throughout the market
- Work with Legal and Compliance teams to manage regulatory landscape and ensure compliance with necessary regulations
- Engage with regulators to represent the encryption currency exchange as the key operational leader within the region
- Compulsory - Minimum 2 years in senior management position by a Capital Market Services Licences (CSML) holder carrying in dealing in securities
- Minimum 5 - 10 years relevant working experience in middle management of an institution in the capital market or previously a participant of a recognised exchange
- MSc/MA in business administration or relevant field
- Proven experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance, etc
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable success and head of a key function with a track record of delivery against key goals and overcoming significant obstacles.
- Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting
- High proficiency in English
- Familiarity with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will be advantageous
- If not a Malaysian citizen, a valid work permit to work in the region preferable
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a strong sense of responsibility and very high level of integrity
- Ability to persuade and challenge management and improve the firm’s operating environment
- Ability to motivate and manage a team
- Proactive approach to all aspects of work
- Able to operate at senior level and command respect of senior stakeholders
- Friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiations skills
- Professional and mature attitude
- Gets the job done