Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reports To: Managing Director
Hours of Work: 9:00am to 6:00pm
We are hiring a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for a new cryptocurrency exchange in Malaysia. With the international expansion in blockchain, IBV Group aims to establish a cryptocurrency exchange that is fully compliant with the regulations aimed at correspondence of securities token.
Infinity Blockchain Holdings is a holding company of a blockchain corporate group based in Singapore. In addition to the group's legal, financial, and labor supervisory functions, we provide professional services specialised in legal / finance of blockchain business both of inside and outside of the group.
Infinity Blockchain Labs is an R&D company specialised in blockchain based in Vietnam. It started from 4 people in 2015, now has grown to be one of Asia's largest blockchain companies, with 250 staff members. We are developing several blockchain products including "Infinito Wallet" which over 300,000 people use around the world. We are also focusing on research areas, and we are pursuing joint research for practical application in collaboration with Taiwan Technical University and the top university in Vietnam.
Infinity Blockchain Ventures is a blockchain-specialised accelerator company based in Thailand and Malaysia. It aims to create reverse-innovation that transforms the world from Asia and utilizes group companies’ strength with a wide range of resources from legal to development to maximise the client's blockchain business. We run the blockchain media called "Asia Blockchain Review" specialised in Southeast Asia, aiming to be a gateway in Asia in the blockchain industry.
Key Purpose of Role:
To lead a strong and vibrant “can do” organisation with a committed, motivated and passionate workforce. To instill and maintain a reputation for quality and customer service and a commitment to grow the business in the years ahead. To be focused on continuous improvement and use novel approaches to lead the organisation through a complex and ever changing landscape, in pursuit of growth and diverse opportunities. To supervise and control all strategic and business aspects of the company, be the primary officer in the company and be responsible for giving strategic direction as well as creating a vision for success. To be a prudent manager and an inspiring leader with an ability to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. To take responsibility for actions to enhance the company’s cash flow while keeping the human factor in perspective. To drive the company’s development and guide it towards long-term success. To build relationships with key strategic decision makers that ensure the cryptocurrency exchange is at the forefront of people’s choices as a service delivery partner.
- Responsible for the overall success of the cryptocurrency exchange within the Malaysia market
- Manage business processes with goals of driving revenue growth, maximising profitability and delighting our customers
- Assess and advice on the impact of long term planning and introduction of new strategies
- Implement best practices in planning, management reporting and governance process
- Drive market leading top-line performance through working directly with customers in the market and across the organization
- Provide direction and leadership towards the achievement of the organisation’s philosophy, mission and strategy
- Make analysis of current efficiency of business processes and work on their improvement
- Represent the company as required, including attendance of industry events and public meetings
- Engage with regulators to represent the cryptocurrency exchange as the key operational leader within the region
- Compulsory - Minimum 3 years of experience in an executive leadership position
- Minimum 5 - 10 years relevant working experience in middle management of an institution in the capital market or previously a participant of a recognised exchange
- Bachelor’s Degree or MBA in Business, Finance, Consulting, Law or related field
- Proven experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Leadership with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and system
- In depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- Proven strong connections with industry related enforcements and financial institutions
- Demonstrable success and head of a key function with a track record of delivery against key goals and overcoming significant obstacles.
- Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting
- High proficiency in English
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills; demonstrated ability to be an outgoing spokesperson and relationship builder
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis
- Familiarity with blockchain and other cryptocurrencies will be advantageous
- If not a Malaysian citizen, a valid work permit to work in the region preferable
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a strong sense of responsibility and very high level of integrity
- Ability to persuade and challenge management and improve the firm’s operating environment
- Ability to motivate and manage a team
- Proactive approach to all aspects of work
- Able to operate at senior level and command respect of senior stakeholders
- Friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiations skills
- Professional and mature attitude
- Gets the job done