CoinFi is a fast-moving cryptocurrency media and software startup looking for a talented UX designer who can balance beauty, simplicity, and functionality in a sophisticated cryptocurrency web and native mobile application tailored towards the retail trader.
We value speed of implementation and are looking for a business-minded user experience designer with a great sense of style and without an ego who understands that simplicity is beauty and the user's needs always comes first.
When CoinFi cofounder Tim quit his job as a hedge fund manager to trade cryptocurrency full-time, he realized there was a lack of institutional calibre research and trading tools like he was accustomed to on Wall Street.
Together with his fellow cofounders Han and Nate, Tim realized there was a big gap in the market that we could solve with a new type of crypto market intelligence platform.
We quickly got to work and in Aug 2017 launched a token sale. This culminated in Jan 2018 when we raised $15M USD to grow our cryptocurrency media and software startup. Thanks to the token sale, we already have a subscriber list of 80,000+ readers and a telegram community of 23,000+ crypto investors.
While it’s still early, we’re on our way to becoming the leading provider of trading intelligence for the cryptocurrency markets.
**What’s the opportunity?**
We’re building a market intelligence platform, and we cannot succeed without having world-class talent who can help us get the most out of the vast amounts of data we collect on crypto.
As a UX Designer, you’ll be a pioneer in the field of crypto, using your skills in user experience design to help CoinFi develop the world’s leading market intelligence platform for crypto.
You’ll be supported by colleagues who have substantial subject matter expertise in cryptocurrencies and trading. You’ll work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to turn our ambitious product roadmap into reality.
Get in on the ground floor of a fast growing startup - we’re on a mission to be a go-to resource in every crypto trader’s workflow. We have a serious war chest and a team with the right experience to execute on this vision. You’d be one of the first pioneers to join us post token sale.
Your mission (should you choose to accept) as UX Design at CoinFi is to help us distill simplicity and elegance from the complexity of business requirements to help our users achieve their objectives as quickly, easily, and enjoyably as possible on our technology platforms.
**What’s it like working with us?**
We’re a fast moving startup, not a lifestyle business. We have capital and a big mission, we’re looking for top performers to join us as we step on the gas and get things done quickly.
Growing this business is something we think about around the clock, and in this position it should be something you think about a lot as well. We’re committed to working as a team to create a truly exceptional product.
At the same time, we do believe in being productive, not busy. Team members aren’t expected to come into the office on weekends.
We value continuous learning, self improvement and self-reflection. We like to share ideas and engage in healthy debate - there are no sacred cows - we approach new ideas with an open mind and evaluate them from first principles.
If you’re looking to stop thinking about work by 5PM everyday, this role isn’t for you. But if you love data science, learning new things, have an interest in cryptocurrencies, and want to help build something transformative in an exciting growth industry with a team of easy-going, but high-performing people - then you’ll fit right in!
**What will you be doing?**
You’ll be working closely with our Product Manager and Software Engineers to mold our product roadmap into tangible wireframes, then mockups, then pixel perfect designs for engineering to implement. The design process will be iterative and should always take into account user feedback, especially from real life behavioral usage data.
**Some examples of what you might work on as a UX Designer at CoinFi:**
- Creating a style guide / pattern library for use on our website and web / native application
- Taking a user story from the roadmap and thinking through the details with the Product Manager to identify the key actions a user wants to take and how to lay out that interaction
- Looking into user behavior data to make and justify decisions about how the user experience should look and behave to ensure a streamlined interface that helps users achieve their goals
- Creating pixel perfect designs to pass off to engineering to implement
- Adding a strategically subtle but fun animation to highlight a UX element and simultaneously guide and delight the user
**This position is for you if you have:**
- 3+ years experience designing mobile responsive web and native applications
- Experience designing with subatomic / utility CSS libraries such as Tachyons
- Experience in developing and maintaining a style guide / pattern library
- Basic understanding of front end web development, especially in React and React Native
- Ability to communicate fluently, pleasantly, and effectively in the English language (both verbal and written), especially to explain design decisions and obtain buy in for those decisions
- Intimate familiarity with Sketch, InvisionApp, and Zeplin
- Architectural mindset with focus on producing reusable and maintainable design patterns
- Desire to collaborate egolessly with a team to define, design and ship new features
**Additional desirable skills include:**
- Understanding of product management and software development lifecycles
- Some frontend coding experience / knowledge
- Personal investing experience with cryptocurrencies
We are willing to pay above market rates for a superstar candidate. If you’re that candidate, please include your current salary history and expectations along with your application.
If you’re currently based outside of Hong Kong, we’re also willing to provide a full relocation package to Hong Kong with plenty of benefits.
We also have the option to offer additional compensation in COFI tokens.