By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades.
Work directly with traders (all ex-Wall Street professionals) growing the Trading Desk business by developing tools to facilitate institutional over the counter trading and algorithmic execution!
- Work closely with traders to implement tailored software solutions
- Take on primary ownership of a medium-sized project, including future design and architecture decisions
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Deploy and monitor continuously running applications
- Pull and consolidate data from various third-party APIs and other sources
- 5+ years of experience as a backend developer in the finance or trading industry
- Strong proficiency with Python or other object-oriented languages
- Experience designing and building system architectures consisting of many inter-connected services/applications
- Experience with SQL databases including the ability to manage indexes and write efficient queries
- Proficiency with Git
- Some familiarity with virtualization/containerization software such as Docker
- Basic understanding of Bitcoin and other blockchain technology
- Strong preference for working with our trade desk team in the New York City Office