By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades.
- Help drive Merges and Acquisitions (M&A) strategy to drive Kraken’s growth plan
- Actively identify, source, and meet with acquisition prospects
- Manage acquisition assessment
- Work with cross-functional diligence teams, such as product, engineering, finance, legal, marketing, and others
- Negotiate purchase structures and deal terms
- Build financial models to support valuation, write investment memos, and build presentations for senior leadership
- Help establish key benchmarks for post-integration planning
- Be an industry expert on the Crypto/Blockchain industry and attend select industry events
**Skills and Experience**
- 3+ years of experience in corporate development or a related field - venture capital, investment banking, strategy consulting, etc.
- Strong knowledge of the Crypto/Blockchain industry
- Experience with driving multiple business deals through all phases - opportunity identification, negotiation, legal review, and close
- Excellent analytical skills - experience building DCFs, financial growth models, revenue projections, market data models, etc.
- Technical background or knowledge of software/internet products and services
- Knowledge of global financial regulations
- International business experience a plus