We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly organized Event Manager to produce events from conception through completion. Our ideal candidate will be able to provide outstanding customer service and organize memorable events that meet the intended goals and expectations both creatively and consistently. They must be able to work well within time limits to plan, resource, and oversee the events. Excellent people skills are a must as they will be working with clients directly to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction. The abilities to multitask and prioritize are essential, as this role involves overseeing facilities as well as details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc. If you are organized, creative, and passionate about planning, we’d love to meet you!
- Ability to see the “big picture” and meet objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production.
- Management of all project elements within time limits and on budget.
- Exceptional communication skills to liaise with clients, identify their needs, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Negotiating contracts.
- Able to articulately propose ideas to improve services and event quality.
- Management and organizational skills needed to oversee facilities and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- People skills needed to staff events and coordinate their activities.
- Enthusiasm regarding collaborative work with marketing and PR departments to promote and publicize events.
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day.
- Follow-through and willingness to conduct pre-and post-event evaluations, reporting on the outcomes.
- Significant work experience as an events planner or organizer.
- Superb time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Sales skills and an aptitude for building productive business relationships.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects independently.
- References from previous clients.