**Decentral** is part of the blockchain movement. We make Jaxx, a cryptocurrency wallet used today by more than 750,000 users.
Decentral Inc is looking for a Senior Writer to work with our Content & Communications Team to assist in sharing our amazing journey across the internet. You will create new and exciting content ranging from day to day activities of our Founder & CEO, to blog posts about our industry, employment branding and employee profiles, special announcements and work alongside the video team to capture video content in written form. We are looking for someone who is excited by driving internet traffic and creating engaging conversations every single day.
The Senior Writer is an in-house, full-time position and is a creative professional responsible for producing various literary compositions, articles, reports, blogs, press releases, etc. You should be able to perform thorough research on various topics, ensure that Decentral content is relevant enough to create interest and have a keen eye for detail.
- Performing research on different topics
- Analyzing and interpreting findings by breaking down data
- Writing several blogs a week for the website
- Uncovering newsworthy stories
- Produce 3-4 blog/tech writing per week
- Interview key people (key stakeholders, sources etc.)
- Write content with readers’ needs in mind
- Ensure your pieces are accurate and objective
- Establish contacts and sources to use in future research
- Contribute to content idea generation for publication
- Stay up-to-date with local, national and international affairs
- Other tasks/projects as assigned/required
**Education, Skills & Knowledge Requirements:**
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or relevant field
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology is an asset
- Proven work experience as a writer or reporter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable portfolio of published articles
- Computer proficiency (Google docs, digital editing, web search and databases)
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to follow strict deadlines and fact-check information
- Great research, organizational, and learning skills
- Good observation skills
- Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices
- An understanding of formatting articles on the web
- Broad knowledge of headlines
- Open concept office environment
- Dynamic, fast-paced startup culture
Decentral Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.