Are you detail-oriented and organized with a passion for all things finance? If so, we want to hear from you! Kik is looking to expand our Finance team with an Administrative Assistant. In this role you will help keep the finance department running smoothly and efficiently, this includes administering and improving key accounting and finance processes. Our ideal candidate has previous experience providing administrative support to a C-level executive and team.
- Process payable invoices by receiving, coding, distributing, posting, scanning, filing etc.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and any other related invoice issues.
- Prepare and perform weekly cheque runs.
- Correspond with Vendors/Suppliers.
- Check and post expense reports.
- Credit Card Reconciliations.
- Additional tasks assigned by the Controller.
- Provide administrative support including filing, answering inquiries (by both phone and email), sorting incoming and preparing. outgoing mail, and providing other support as needed.
- Provide occasional administrative support to the CFO.
- Provide travel coordination support for the CFO and finance team as needed.
- Coordinate meetings and manage calendars as needed for CFO.
**Experience we like:**
- Previous accounting experience and experience within the tech sector are considered assets.
- Previous payroll experience an asset.
- Degree or diploma in related field.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Strong planning, time management, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Fast learner with the ability to adapt in a fast paced environment.
- Generous Health, Drug and Dental benefits plans, including Family and Travel coverage.
- Stock Options.
- Flexible work hours.
- Catered lunch and dinner.
- Fully equipped office gym with a shower and towel service, and fitness classes.
- Much more!
Our mission is to connect the world through chat. We are doing that by building an ecosystem of services around Kik chat, so users can connect with people, businesses, and the world around them.
Kik is used by millions of users every day where people can chat with friends and connect with chat-based services. Since our company’s founding in 2009, we have raised US$120.5 million from investors including Union Square Ventures, SV Angel, Valiant Capital Partners, and Spark Capital.
In August 2015, Tencent – China’s largest company and the maker of WeChat – invested US$50 million in Kik, valuing the company at US$1 billion.
Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, close to the University of Waterloo, where Kik’s founders were students. We also have offices in Toronto, New York, and Tel Aviv.