Chainalysis builds trust in blockchains between people, businesses, and governments. Our Blockchain Intelligence Platform powers our compliance and investigation software for the world’s top institutions. With offices in NY, D.C., and Copenhagen, Chainalysis is a global company backed by Benchmark and other leading names in venture capital.
The Data Operations team at Chainalysis finds the ground truth that links real world entities to blockchain addresses. Team members operate at the cutting edge of blockchain intelligence, deploying all their investigative and problem solving skills to identify rapidly evolving cryptocurrency services and bad actors around the world.
We are looking for a creative and tenacious Cybercrime Analyst to help us increase our understanding of crypto-criminals and build a data pipeline to identify their blockchain activities.
This position will be based out of New York City.
- Become immersed in the uses of cryptocurrencies, with a focus on darknet markets, and cryptocurrency-related cyber crimes, such as ransomware and scams
- Build a data pipeline to gather data on illicit uses of cryptocurrencies from a variety of sources, with a high level of automation and quality assurance
- Examine and determine best practices for penetrating hard-to-access services
- Develop strategies to gather ground truth data that links real world darknet and illicit entities to blockchain addresses
- Balance and effectively prioritize multiple projects and ongoing initiatives
- Work collaboratively with Analytics, Engineering, and Product teams to ensure seamless data access across teams
- 5+ years of experience in cybercrime, ideally with a focus on cryptocurrencies or dark web investigations
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies, particularly different types of transactions and different ways they can be stored
- Have a high attention to detail and high standards for the quality of data
- Be motivated to keep crime out of cryptocurrencies, and excited about the scale of this challenge
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability and experience. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. We can’t wait to meet you.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision - which cover domestic partners as well - plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan. Chainalysists also get to participate in our annual Huddle, a week-long destination event that promotes team-building, professional development, and fun! In the office, you’ll receive a Mac or PC of your choice and a fully stocked kitchen.