We believe that everyone’s money should be secure. Billions of people around the world don't have a safe place to store their money. Their banks can't be trusted. Their governments inflate their currency to pay off debts, hurting citizens. Our mission at Reserve is to change that. Reserve is a stable, decentralized currency that can’t be abused by a government. It’s globally distributed and outside of anyone’s control, so bad governments can’t shut it down.
In the modern age only governments and M-Pesa have succeeded at creating a widely adopted currency. There have been many companies that have tried, but centralized control of the currency has always lead to its downfall, whether via fraud or illegal activity. Cryptography has solved this problem by enabling trustless digital money, but implementation remains a hurdle to overcome. Your goal is to lead Reserve’s adoption of our first million users.
You, and the Growth Team you help to build, will do what it takes to get traction in our various markets. You’ll test and refine use cases developed by the Product Team. Once we have tight product-market fit you’ll aggressively scale to exponential growth by setting priorities and rapidly iterating using tight feedback.
Your day in a few months:
Show up at 10am for our full-team meeting. In the morning, onboard a new recruit. Meet the Head of Product at noon to discuss the latest go-to-market plan for Argentina. Meet the Chief of Staff in the afternoon to decide your budget for the next 3 months. Call a Growth Team meeting to check-in on people’s progress and delegate new tasks. Join an investor call at 4pm, they're in for 2 million. Strategize with CEO and the Director of Marketing until 9pm.
- You're happy to be based in the SF Bay Area or New York.
- You're able to learn new technical subjects. (You'll need to understand the intricate details of how our protocol works.)
- You have gone through the scaling process before and know what it’s like to go from 20 people to 100.
- You have built a growth engine from the ground up, and are confident creating and evolving growth strategies.
- You have built and managed your own growth team, and you know how to elicit high performance from every team member.
- You're a fit for our eccentric culture (read more about it here).
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with the blockchain industry.
- Experience with public speaking and pitching potential investors and partners.
- You already have a few people in mind that you’d want to bring onto this team, and have the ability to do so.