About Galaxy Digital
Galaxy Digital is a diversified financial services firm dedicated to the digital asset, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology industry. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, Galaxy Digital is a publicly listed company on the TSX and operates five synergistic business lines: Trading (arbitrage, macro, market making/OTC), Asset Management (passive and active strategies, including venture capital), Principal Investing, Investment Banking Services (capital markets and M&A) and Mining (proprietary mining and mining finance). Galaxy Digital’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of institutional veterans focused on this high-growth, technology-driven space. The company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Chicago, the Cayman Islands (registered office) and New Jersey.
The Vice President, State and Local Tax, will be responsible for managing all State and Local Tax matters, including preparation and review of quarterly estimated tax payments, tax returns, and tax workpapers. This person will also collaborate with other members of the Galaxy Tax and Finance teams, as well as external advisors, and report to the Head of Tax.
On a given day at Galaxy, you will:
- Manage all State and Local Tax compliance, working closely with other members of the Tax and Finance teams, as well as outside tax advisors and service providers.
- Manage multi-state income tax and tax planning considerations, including by not limited to nexus requirements, NYC UBT, remote employees, non-resident withholding tax, payroll withholding tax, pass-through entity tax, credits, and incentives.
- Manage day-to-day operational tasks for State and Local tax matters, including but not limited to reviewing and responding to notices, making tax payments, and updating/maintaining organized tax files.
- Prepare and manage quarterly estimated tax liability calculations and ensure timely tax payments.
- Assist with potential due diligence on State and Local tax considerations for restructurings and or acquisitions.
- Perform ad hoc projects/analysis in connection with business directives and initiatives as the digital asset and blockchain landscape evolves.
You’ve worked hard for:
- 7+ years of multi-state and local tax experience in both a public accounting/Big 4 and private industry setting
- Firm understanding of partnership tax and/or corporate tax in relation to multi-state and local tax considerations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- CPA license required, Master’s in Taxation a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
You rock at:
- Experience working with “Up-C” structures
- Experience in asset/investment management, financial technology, or banking/capital markets
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact [email protected].