About Galaxy Digital
Galaxy Digital is a diversified financial services firm dedicated to the digital asset, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology industry. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, Galaxy Digital is a publicly listed company on the TSX and operates five synergistic business lines: Trading (arbitrage, macro, market making/OTC), Asset Management (passive and active strategies, including venture capital), Principal Investing, Investment Banking Services (capital markets and M&A) and Mining (proprietary mining and mining finance). Galaxy Digital’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of institutional veterans focused on this high-growth, technology-driven space. The company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Chicago, the Cayman Islands (registered office) and New Jersey.
We are looking for a highly motivated Quantitative Trader / Developer to join our quantitative trading team in our New York office. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on projects across the electronic / systematic trading business, and contribute to the design, build and improvement of successful crypto trading strategies.
On a given day at Galaxy, you will:
- Improve existing, develop new automatic trading, hedging and risk holding strategies, and trade signals in cryptocurrency markets
- Develop, maintain and improve infrastructure to help research and trading, including simulation framework, trade signal evaluation tools etc.
- Analyze proprietary trade data and client flow data, build process to optimize flow and PnL capture for client market making business
- Build and improve trading system components to monetize research findings and optimize PnL
- Interact with production systems and manage trading and risk
You’ve worked hard for:
- 2+ years of HFT, MFT, market making or algorithmic trading front office experience
- Degree in a technical or quantitative discipline, advanced degree preferred
You rock at:
- Proficiency with coding in one or more languages, python and C++ are strongly preferred, experience with KDB/Q is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and experience with analyzing large data sets and machine learning is a plus
- Experience with market making, market micro-structure, and other short to medium frequency strategies is a plus
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact [email protected].