As a Technical Services Engineer, you will be providing first-class service and support for our financial institution customers using Ripple’s mission-critical software to make payments around the globe. In your role, you will directly work with our customers and coordinate with Ripple’s Engineering teams to troubleshoot, replicate, and resolve issues to our customer’s satisfaction.
You will analyze and resolve challenging technical issues, and investigate and identify root causes at the product, data, or network level, all the while keeping key stakeholders informed and up to date on the situation. You will engage all levels of the Ripple organization as appropriate from Project Management, Integration, Engineering, and our Leadership team, in order to own and drive customer issues to resolution in a timely manner.
You will play a lead role in configuring production support and oversight arrangements for Ripple customers so that the risk of service interruption is reduced. These preventative activities will be instrumental in ensuring a smooth and reliable production experience for all users of Ripple technology.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Enhance and adhere to a world-class set of operational procedures and policies for mission-critical production support on a peer-to-peer payments network, and continually review & improve on these on an on-going basis
- Demonstrate, reproduce, successfully debug, and resolve technical issues across our customers’ technology stack
- Design & build tools and scripts to help analyze the product, database, and network log files and narrow the cause of issues
- Help to build and administer the infrastructure and systems that keep our customers up to date and informed
- Become a subject matter expert on Ripple’s revolutionary technology and products and an authority in the product requirements for production excellence
- Work with engineering & product to fix issues, release patches, and install in customer environments
- Coach and guide Ripple customers in implementing best practice policies and procedures for the smooth running of Ripple technology
- Assist in QA and validation of releases against known customer environments and configurations
- Voice of the customer: communicate customer’s requirements & desires back to Product Development & Engineering to influence Product Functionality & Roadmap
- You will be required to participate in out-of-hours customer production support from time to time
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2-5+ years’ experience implementing or supporting transaction processing systems supporting cash management, payments, or trade finance product in a complex technical environment
- A strong sense of ownership, and empathetic attitude that “the customers’ problem is my problem”
- Excellent leadership and decision-making capabilities and the ability to be highly effective in demanding situations
- Deep technical and functional understanding of payment flows & cross border payment processing
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure including Databases, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Proxy Servers, Application & Web Servers.
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with internal Product and Engineering teams as well as external customers in an agile environment
- Excellent Oral, Written & Customer Service skills
- Proven Analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate your knowledge of enterprise-level, commercially available hardware and software products, operating systems, networking systems, and methodologies for integrating web-based products
- Work in a team environment 7x24x365 with the ability to function with independent discretion during rotating shift work.
- Must be comfortable with some customer-related travel (10-20% travel)
- Experience supporting mission-critical applications
- Experience with testing tools & technologies – Test Harnesses
- Experience working with a Worldwide team
- Hands-on Support/coding experience in web-based technologies:
- Web Services
- Peer-to-peer networks
- Real-time technologies
- Windows (Server 2008-2016) systems (optional)
- Working knowledge of Linux system administration with an emphasis on networking (TCP/IP) and security best practices
- Experience with Zendesk, Jira, Confluence, and test/defect management tools and processes and real-time monitoring tools such as Splunk
- Experience of providing customer support in a peer-to-peer technology environment
- Should have a working knowledge of database systems (Oracle, MSSQL, PostGres) including common database tasks
- Should have a working knowledge of Cloud Technologies (AWS/Google Cloud)
- Experience in Middleware Technologies will be preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health plans for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Training in our Headquarters in San Francisco, CA, USA
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.