BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with custody liquidity, and security solutions. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, with more than $15 billion in custody and circulation. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 400 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries, including qualified custodial entities in Switzerland and Germany. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking to hire a Technical Security Program Manager who will report directly to our Head of Info. Security. This is a great opportunity for candidates within the financial services industry who would like to play a key role in building out the info. security program management function at BitGo. We’re ideally looking for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay Area (office is in Palo Alto).
- Track security KPIs including vulnerabilities, initiatives, and pen test reports
- Track compliance requirements and work with different teams to remediate gaps
- Work on gap assessments against security standards such as NIST, FFIEC, GLBA
- Review, draft, and update security policies and procedures
- Support third-party security reviews
- Maintain asset catalogue
- Work with risk teams to calculate risk on assets
- Support privacy team with security expertise
- Manage vulnerability lifecycle
- Meet with software development teams and prioritize security tickets
- Prepare a security dashboard that summarizes the security health status
- Coordinate security meetings
- Maintain JIRA filter and dashboards and to sure all incidents and vulnerabilities are logged in
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of Information Security
- Familiarity with common security controls
- Experience with OWASP Top 10, static/dynamic analysis, and common security tools.
- A basic understanding of network and web related protocols (such as TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, protocols).
- A basic understanding of product security
- Experience in vulnerability management lifecycle
- Familiarity with AWS security controls and best practices.
- Experience working with developers.
- Excellent and professional communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to articulate complex topics in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience working with JIRA
- Experience in digital assets technologies such as crypto wallets, crypto custody, and trading
- Experience in risk assessment and scoring
- Experience with NIST, FFIEC, ISO 27000
- Experience in drafting security policies and procedures
- Degree in Computer science or related field
- Security certifications such as CISSP is a plus
- Project Management certification such as PMP is a plus
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave
- Paid vacation
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.