ChainSafe Systems is a blockchain R&D firm on a mission to realize the potential of Web3 infrastructure through sustainable, open-source development. Our vision is to create a world with organizations that empower people to build and innovate through blockchain agnostic tools and other distributed technologies.
We are global leaders in the industry, unique in our work across multiple blockchain ecosystems, and currently are pioneering technology and infrastructure related to Ethereum, Polkadot, Filecoin and more. We are actively pursuing the development of our own product suite, having recently released Files, which allows users to upload and store files on IPFS and Filecoin with the goal of furthering development to provide a decentralized alternative to cloud storage.
ChainSafe is a unique company in a unique space, growing quickly and building a global reputation in this nascent space. Beyond offering experience across every major blockchain space to our team, we provide an open, inclusive, and supportive environment where we help folks reach their full potential as a human and as a professional.
Here’s what you might want to know before reading on:
- Our stack is progressive and open-source and includes Go, Rust, and TypeScript.
- We spearhead ecosystem projects like Lodestar, Web3.js, Forest, Mina-rs, and Gossamer.
- We are global, remote-friendly, and open to contractors.
Culture fit and alignment to our core values are extremely important to us. We are fueled by an immense intellectual curiosity of what technology can do and the impact it can have. You will thrive here if you are intensely driven by tackling technical challenges that no one else has solved yet and are inspired by the possibility of building the next generation of web infrastructure and decentralized systems.
Who you are
As Team Lead, Technical Project Management, you take care of the people that are responsible for running our client-facing projects. Ideally, you already have some leadership experience, and you know that leadership is about creating the right mindset and culture, accompanied by some additional processes. You understand that a leadership position is not about micromanagement, but helping your team get the job done.
You have experience in (technical) Project Management and you know that projects not always run smoothly, but in the end it’s about getting the job done.
We would love to see you bring passion for our mission, and passion for the people you work with!
ChainSafe is thriving in multiple fast-moving markets, with new developments every day. We need to adapt quickly and sometimes go unconventional ways. You will love your job if you feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment, embrace challenges as they come, and enjoy bringing dynamics, growth, and stability in balance.
- Accountable for a team of Project Managers and their projects, ensuring successful delivery of blockchain projects.
- Help project teams define vision, goals, & roadmaps
- Monitor the execution of the team’s projects, including metrics & financial health, to ensure they are delivered on time, on budget, and that the client is delighted.
- Help resolve blockers for your project teams, collaborating with internal peers from engineering and other departments to do so.
- Ensure that your project teams are engaged, consistently improving, and stress-free
- Mentor your team of Project Managers to help them grow as individuals and help the team develop in the organizational context
- Embody Servant Leadership to help foster a supportive, compassionate, & collaborative environment
- Help Project Managers identify and fulfill their team’s needs, including support from other functions such as Product Management, Design, Marketing, & Engineering.
- Account Management: Build relationships with our internal & external stakeholders, including our clients to ensure they are delighted.
- Identify areas of improvement for the Project Management department & processes
- Facilitate meetings and workshops to help develop your team’s skills and culture (e.g. team building, strategy, Goals/Vision/OKR, handling change, decision making, and conflict resolution)
- Maintain a high level of transparency with thorough communication & documentation
- Mindset of a Servant Leader, ideally with a proven track record in Leadership positions
- 4+ years of experience working in Project Management
- Good understanding of organizational and operational structures
- Passion for blockchain projects and at least basic knowledge of blockchain concepts
- Excellent active listening skills and a high level of emotional intelligence & empathy
- Extremely organized, responsive, and accountable
- Demonstrated ability to independently navigate an organization
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate trade-offs and make effective decisions
- Experience with client-facing projects or services
- Experience with change management and transformation projects
- A passion for open-source software
We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t fit all the requirements. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process at Chainsafe to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-45 minute screening call with one of our tech recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 60-minute Cultural Interview with one of our Project Managers
- Then, Candidates will be asked to complete a technical task that takes under 4 hours, but we provide up to 5 business days to complete
- Last, candidates will be invited to schedule a 60-minute interview with the Team Lead/Hiring Manager
Why join us
Founded by Developers for Developers, we foster an Agile environment where tasks are assigned based not just on what you know but what you want to learn. We offer fast opportunities for personal growth, mentorship, professional development funding, tons of autonomy and responsibility, a results-driven environment, close collaboration with an international team, exposure to a wide array of ecosystems and trailblazing technologies, and flexible work hours.
At ChainSafe, we are a compassionate group of builders and makers, working to bring our ideas to life. You’ll be part of a team that believes in the vital importance of community and contributing to advance humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
We care deeply about our values and look for these in every team member: A dedication to self-improvement and professional development; a commitment to community and collaboration; a drive for accountability, diligence, and autonomy; and above all fostering a place of acceptance, friendliness, and compassion.
Tell us who you are and learn more about us
If you are ready to join us, assemble your highlights (GitHub, portfolio, LinkedIn) and show us your best work. Get ready to have incredible conversations with passionate developers like yourself. For our team’s project highlights, explore our Discord, GitHub, and website.
We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas
At ChainSafe, diversity and inclusion is more than a statement; equality and accessibility are guiding principles embedded in who we are – and why we do what we do. We recognize the benefits of a diverse team and aspire to embed respect for all people into our culture, values, and day-to-day practices. We encourage women, LGBTQIA+ people, people of colour, and members of any other group underrepresented in the blockchain space (or tech in general) to apply.
ChainSafe is a remote-first company with an international team. We offer opportunities for personal and professional learning and growth, value autonomy and responsibility, and have a results-driven environment, flexible work hours and time-off policy, as well as competitive salary.
Salary will be determined through the interview process after a review of experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, equity, and location, as well as alignment with market data