Ripple is seeking a Transfer Pricing Tax Manager to join its dynamic Tax Team and to be involved with something new and exciting that is transforming global payments with decentralized technologies, On-Demand liquidity, and digital assets. Reporting directly to and working along-side with the Sr. Director of Global Tax Operations, the Transfer Pricing Tax Manager will be a key contributor to the Tax Team and will be responsible for supporting Ripple’s U.S. and international intercompany arrangements. The successful candidate is a highly motivated and collaborative individual with relevant global intercompany transfer price experience and an eagerness to learn. This Transfer Pricing Tax Manager will have hands-on experience with all aspects of Ripple’s global intercompany arrangements including policy, analysis, reporting, documentation, and supporting transfer price audits and will have the opportunity to interact directly with cross functional teams including business partners and stakeholders as well as interactions with Ripple’s external tax advisors.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Oversight of the Company’s transfer pricing matters and partnership with multiple stakeholders to provide support on transfer pricing related issues.
- Develop, execute and maintain the Company’s intercompany transfer pricing policies and agreements.
- Retrieve, organize and analyze financial, accounting, market and operations data for setting arm’s-length intercompany pricing.
- Review and sign-off on monthly, quarterly and annual intercompany transfer price computations, journal entries, and associated intercompany invoices.
- Prepare and review tax workpapers and tax return schedules across multiple jurisdictions to ensure compliance with local transfer price regulations and guidelines and the Company’s transfer pricing policies and agreements.
- Manage and prepare transfer pricing documentation to support intercompany transactions in compliance with local regulations and guidelines.
- Assist with global tax audits around intercompany and transfer price matters including gathering information and assembling responses.
- Prepare quarterly and annual forecasts of Company’s intercompany transfer price for forecasting cash taxes and the global effective tax rate for income taxes under ASC 740.
- Actively partner with cross functional groups within the Company to understand the transfer pricing / tax impact of business operations and ensure that tax needs are identified, considered and communicated. Provide advice on transfer price implications of new business initiatives.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvement within tax and finance and implement solutions to automate and streamline processes around intercompany accounting and global transfer price to be scalable and drive efficiencies while maintaining strong quality controls.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years transfer price operations experience – experience in the fintech / financial sector a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or Accounting.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of US and international tax concepts with strong research skills.
- Highly self-motivated and innovative and solutions-oriented thinker with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects effectively and work independently.
- Investigates and corrects variances, identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, determines root causes, and partners on resolution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.