The Ecosystem Success team at Parity focuses on supporting external development teams building solutions with and for the Substrate and Polkadot ecosystems.
Substrate is a blockchain-building framework that makes it easy to create a custom blockchain optimized for any use case. Substrate blockchains are natively compatible with Polkadot, a Level-0 blockchain solution that enables diverse blockchains to interoperate seamlessly.
The overall objective of the Ecosystem Success team is to improve both platforms, increase engineering capabilities and accelerate adoption of both Substrate and Polkadot. Therefore, in this role you will work hand in hand with the different engineering and business teams in the Substrate ecosystem, gathering feedback and sharing technical insights to inspire and inform the best developer groups worldwide about the potential of building cutting-edge blockchains with Substrate.
The Substrate Builders Program Manager plays a vital role in our company, as well as in the Substrate and Polkadot Ecosystems. You will work in close contact with critical teams in the ecosystem to help them develop bleeding-edge blockchain projects. We are looking for a talented individual with the right mix of entrepreneurial instinct, technical and blockchain knowledge, and project management skills.
- Support running the Substrate Builders Program, from managing team evaluations, leading the continuous engagement for support, and helping teams to ensure a successful product launch.
- Take ownership of the support stream for specific teams in the ecosystem: managing project roadmaps and steering the needs of a fast-growing ecosystem.
- Help to set up and monitor metrics to determine the performance of the Substrate Builders Program, with a strong focus on improving scalability in the future.
- Be creative and use your knowledge to define new support initiatives that improve the program continuously.
- Lead the overall adoption of Substrate and Polkadot by sharing best practices, helping to focus on goals and ensuring ecosystem teams are able to execute accordingly.
- Qualification and Skills
- Deep technical understanding of blockchain technologies and online ecosystems.
- Experience with building ecosystems, ideally on a technical or blockchain-related product.
- Strong program management skills and ability to address multiple projects in parallel, managing competing interests and aligning various parties on a common goal.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including speaking to business development and technical teams internally and externally.
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritise, communicate, and function in a small team.
- Experience with a blockchain programming language.
- Passion for working on and sharing knowledge of new technologies.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- You will understand blockchain technology and business development and have a skill set transferable to many jobs.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your choosing. We think you know what’s best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries, and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value greatly, so we regularly go on team retreats.
- To see how we use your data, please see our Applicant Notice: https://www.parity.io/applicant-notice/