Ripple’s mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for a software engineer to join a growing team charged with determining and delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust and scalable manner. You will work closely with applied scientists and machine learning engineers to build robust solutions that power our liquidity services at scale. You will mentor other software engineers, setting and demonstrating high standards and technical excellence. As a member of a new initiative, you must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
This position can be based in New York City, Toronto, or Remote.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be an entrepreneurial builder, working up and down the stack, mixing software engineering, data engineering, and knowledge of machine learning deployments to jumpstart this new initiative.
- Deliver reliable, high-throughput, low-latency (micro)services to power optimized decision-making at scale.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, from sculpting technical vision and software design to unit and integration testing
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, design, marketing, integrations, ops, customer success, legal and more
- Be a technical subject matter expert, provide technical leadership and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 8+ years of hands-on Software Development experience on large scale distributed systems, with the last 5-7+ years in Java or similar (Go, Python) and 2+ years experience working as a tech lead
- Experience building and deploying containerized applications (e.g. Docker) into modern distributed computing environments such as Kubernetes
- Experience in building transactional systems (preferably in finance / banking / e-commerce domains) , backed by an scalable data stores and other cloud data services to manage large, structured event data sources such as tick data
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and security
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.