Engineering Productivity (EngProd) within RippleNet is responsible for developing solutions and tools that can improve every engineer’s productivity, starting from writing code up to releasing it with greater confidence and agility.
The Staff Software Engineer, Engineering Productivity will help lead the discovery, design and implementation of solutions and framework which impacts developer experience for the entire organization. These solutions, spanning all engineering teams, the entire tech stack and all of our infrastructure and tools; will include, but not limited to, developer infrastructure, build and test frameworks, CI/CD infrastructure and release process automation. As Staff Software Engineer, you will push the boundaries with new tools and technologies and use a data-driven approach for achieving desired results. Candidates should enjoy working openly and collaboratively with a diverse team and possess an ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices.
What you’ll do:
- Define and maintain test automation strategies, tools and frameworks to test cloud-based and on-prem web applications
- Lead discovery of next generation solutions and work with wider engineering teams on implementation, adoption and continuous improvements
- Evangelize and automate best practices for code writing, build, tests, CI/CD pipelines, and release process
- Work closely with DevOps to help improve CI/CD infrastructure and release process automation
- Be a technical subject matter expert, provide technical leadership and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years of hands-on experience as developer and/or developer in test on large scale distributed systems, with the last 4-6+ years in Java, and 2+ years experience working as a tech lead
- 2+ years of experience in designing and building scalable and high performing Test Automation frameworks in Java.
- Experience in at least one of the following: build and tests infrastructure, CI/CD implementation, Building tools and frameworks
- Experience in Gitlab, or any other CI/CD Systems
- Experience in Python is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and security
- Values an inclusive culture and has a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar field
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.