BitGo is the leader in custody and security solutions with over $60B in assets under custody. Founded in 2013, BitGo is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets and established BitGo New York Trust in 2021. BitGo also offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services and supports over 400 digital assets on its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
BitGo is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Blockchain OS team and help us build resilient, robust services and are responsible for working on critical projects with limited or no supervision. This role can be worked remotely so long as your home base is metro San Francisco, Palo Alto, NYC, Austin, Seattle, Salt Lake City or Toronto, Canada (exceptional candidates outside of these areas are encouraged to apply)
- Collaborate closely with all engineering teams and product managers to ensure consistency in understanding of technical requirements and overall work quality
- Design and build strong, resilient, and robust APIs to power our application services
- Have mastery in core technologies and tools, understand all phases of the company software development life cycle, and demonstrate initiative and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Demonstrate good analytical skills, have a basic understanding of overall company organization, as well as a strong understanding of business partner relationships and operations.
- Develop and coordinate software unit testing and system testing and validation procedures, and documentation
- Coordinate software deployments and monitor applications to ensure specifications are met
- Own functionality and scalability features by taking responsibility from inception to deployment and customer integration
- Expose and document functionality to the UI, third-party developers, and our internal and external tooling
- Provide mentorship to your peers in the broader engineering team through code reviews and education on best practices
- Capable of building proofs-of-concept(POC) with fellow engineers and/or stakeholders while ensuring the current milestones are met
- Monitor and troubleshoot production software issues and provide solutions while being a part of on-call rotation
- Follow legal policies as directed
Skills & Experience
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- Minimum of 8 years in building enterprise level applications on a cross-functional Agile Software Development team
- Strong development experience with any of the JVM languages, preferably Java or Kotlin
- Experience building web services, preferably using REST
- Development experience building microservices in Spring
- Experience with Asynchronous messaging technologies such as Apache Kafka, JMS or RabbitMQ
- Experience working with public cloud development, preferably AWS
- Strong relational database experience
- Experience in an agile development environment with continuous integration and continuous delivery, using tools such as Git, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with production troubleshooting and analysis using log/debugging tools such as Grafana, ELK, Splunk or New Relic
- Highly proficient in understanding new technologies accomplishing projects goals successfully
- Experience with NoSQL databases, preferably Mongo
- Experience with functional programming languages/paradigms
- Proficiency with IDE-based development, especially in IntelliJ or Eclipse
- Understanding of and strong interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
*Benefits may vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.