Republic is a financial technology firm that allows everyone to invest in private markets. Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $800 million in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and is comprised of a community of over 1.5M users across 100 countries. Republic is backed by dozens of leading investment firms and financial institutions and its affiliated entities have co-invested with the best names in venture and private equity. Founded in 2016, Republic is headquartered in New York City with offices worldwide.
We’re looking for an energetic and motivated Staff Accountant to join our growing Finance team. In this role, you will be responsible for performing functions related to accounting activities across Republic’s business units. Our ideal candidate is comfortable working with a high degree of integrity, including the ability to work with sensitive or confidential information. You will need strong interpersonal skills and possess a strong business acumen to thrive in this role.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and maintain financial records for affiliate companies by researching and analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts;
- Complete proper recording and application of cash, management of outstanding invoices and receivables;
- Backup to creating and processing customer invoices
- Provide timely and accurate payment and account standing information;
- Identify and implement process improvements for accounting procedures;
- Prepare monthly journal entries;
- Assist with system reports for month end transactions;
- Maintains and balances accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies;
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation and variance explanations for multiple balance sheet accounts;
- Research reconciliation differences and multiple issues as they arise;
- Performs other general accounting responsibilities as required such as management reports, auditor inquiries, budgets and other special projects; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- 2-3 years prior accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and follow instructions
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong math aptitude and ability to work accurately with numbers
- Excellent organizational, written and interpersonal skills, attention to detail
- Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information
- Advanced knowledge of accounting procedures, consistently seeks for process improvements and automation
- Ability to work and interact with personnel at all levels within the organization
- Knowledge of industry related concepts and terminology
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, with significant competing deadlines.
- Able to grasp processes and concepts quickly and resolve issues.
- Basic knowledge of GAAP requirements preferred
- Experience with Netsuite accounting software is preferred but not required