BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 250 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
Sr. Manager/Director – Security Operations Center
BitGo is looking for a hands-on SecOps Manager/Director who will report directly to the Head of Security. This individual will advise on various types of risks (security, regulatory, operational, and financial) and compliance matters. You will identify potential threats, conduct extensive research and assessments, evaluate risk levels, and work across teams to develop contingency plans and track the implementation of solutions that reduce and control risks. You will also support the business with responding to subject matter relevant client due diligence inquiries and with assisting in the completion of internal and external compliance audits. This is a great opportunity for qualified candidates who would succeed best in a fast-moving startup environment.
- Conduct assessments to define and analyze possible risks
- Help in building and managing BitGo’s Security Operations Center
- Implement and Manage BitGo’s Security Incident and Events manager
- Provide direction to the red team and help in building a testing program
- Research and help in integrating security tools within the SDLC
- Coordinate the vulnerability management program
- Exemplify a strong working knowledge of information security by serving as an internal SME while also being able to work as a hands-on security manager
- Analyze each security incident to determine the appropriate course of action/type of report (i.e. reporting incidents to legal/compliance teams)
- Assist our security operations/IT team in bolstering BitGo’s cybersecurity defense strategies against incidents such as phishing, malware, and other cyber threats
- Work cross-functionally with corresponding team members from our engineering and dev ops. Teams
- Assist with the completion of internal and external compliance audits (e.g. SOC 1 and SOC 2)
- Develop and present metric-based reports on the status of current info security programs as well as new initiatives to BitGo’s executive leadership team and board of directors
- Develop risk management controls and systems and design processes to eliminate or mitigate potential risks
- Create contingency plans to manage crises and evaluate existing policies and procedures and propose opportunities for improvement
- Document findings, remediation plans, and maintain a risk register
BitGo is looking for people who are passionate about their craft, take full ownership for their work and projects, and believe in a transparent and collaborative culture with the goal of making BitGo successful.
- 7+ years of relevant experience within information security
- Experience in establishing and running a SecOps team
- Experience in implementing SIEM
- Experience in managing SOC teams
- BS/BA in a related field
- Knowledge of security/risk management and control frameworks
- Knowledge of of information security and privacy standards and regulations
- Certifications within security such as CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM, are highly preferred
- Experience with auditing and reporting procedures (SOC 1, SOC 2)
- Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency or digital assets is a plus
- Superior organization, project management skills, and attention to detail
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity, and compliance
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle highly sensitive, confidential information appropriately
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, spouse/partner and children (medical, vision, dental, life, FSA, HSA)
- 401k company match up to 5%
- Catered custom lunches, fresh snacks and gourmet coffee at the office
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Generous paid time off
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.