Ripple is growing and we are looking to bring on board a dynamic, growth oriented leader to join the Global Business Development Team as Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships based in San Francisco. Ripple is a crypto solutions leader that is transforming how the world moves, manages and tokenizes value. We are working to bring the Internet of Value to life – and looking for talent to help drive this crypto enabled future. This exciting role is to create and lead a new Corporate BD function driving partnerships that span Ripple. You will identify and close transformative new business opportunities with global market disruptors, key industry leaders, fintech gorillas, and tech icons. As a senior leader of the Global BD organization, you will source and close deals, build senior level relationships, and drive the strategy to execute on the vision.
The Ripple team is both innovative and active – we are able to leverage the Company’s significant balance sheet, the power of the XRP Ledger, the product reach and global scale of Ripple to support partnership opportunities, investments, developer grants, and new business formations across the crypto and fintech partnership ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned deal maker and entrepreneurial growth leader with business development, strategic partnerships and/or corporate development experience. The candidate should have a track record of launching and scaling new businesses, and leading high performing teams. You should have a proven history of closing first-of-kind deals, negotiating innovative and creative deal structures with global leaders, and building durable partnerships that look around corners. Working as part of a fast moving global team, you will need to be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate across functions. You need to be an expert net-worker with the ability to open doors, effectively engage C-suites, and have the presence to lead and disrupt the status quo. That is the scope of the opportunity. Come join us if you see it too, and know how to get it done.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Set the direction, strategy and priorities for Ripple’s Corporate Strategic Partnership team and Strategic Partner Program.
- Develop and close news-worthy and game-changing partner opportunities that help shape the future of Ripple.
- Engage with key industry disruptors, tech icons, fintech giants and other global innovators to close deals, learn/listen, and help shape market development.
- Deliver ‘out of the box’ partnerships and craft innovative deal structures that bring the tokenized future to life.
- Run a pan-Ripple partnerships program (aka Strategic Partner Program) that leverages the power of Ripple, XRPL and the ambition to deliver the Internet of Value to position Ripple as THE leading enterprise crypto solutions provider.
- Deep collaboration across functions to solve problems, ideate, and drive results. Be a positive change agent to deliver compelling solutions and unlock value with partners.
- Hire, lead, and motivate a small but high performing corporate strategic partner team.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- You are passionate about crypto, innovators and disruptions, unlocking new use cases, and the move to a decentralized world.
- You know how to inspire, lead, and get it done.
- You can look around corners and identify new opportunities.
- You have a deep and relevant network with industry leaders across tech, fintech, global disruptors.
- You have a track record crafting deals and relationships with major industry behemoths.
- You have keen product and business instincts. You can work with and push product & engineering teams to deliver novel and compelling solutions.
- You can vet entrepreneurs and business sponsors because you are one, or have been one.
- You work and play well with colleagues and partners because you have a high EQ, are self aware, and understand it’s just more fun that way.
- You are driven to succeed and comfortable being held accountable to results.
- You can communicate an idea in a memo, a presentation, or to an audience of 5000.
- You thrive helping teams and businesses achieve breakout success.
- 15+ years strategic business development or deal making/closing experience.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.