BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world’s most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
As a Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to take part in being responsible for Integrating the different BitMEX business lines custody needs to our third party custody solutions, as well as designing BitMEX’s groundbreaking long term solutions. The Custody Engineering Team powers the custody of bitcoin/altcoin deposits, enabling many thousands of trading customers to make secure deposits as margin in our Trading Engine. Our systems are responsible for tracking deposits, creating withdrawals, and interacting with the base layer of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
You will be responsible for developing modules related to currencies/crypto network/blockchain to support, cold air-gapped wallet solutions for both our internal business lines as well as external clients, Integration with current third party custody solutions we utilize, and more. You will have to learn of new technologies and use-cases, and be ultimately responsible for the innovation in the fields of fintech, security, cryptography and blockchain in a rapidly growing product.
- At least 4 years of experience as a software engineer, with years experience working as a team on a python codebase
- Build/Test/Deploy/Operate BitMEX’s Signer iOS app in production
- Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with a CICD, code-review and pull-request based workflow
- Experience working on complex systems, with many components, interfaces, and use cases
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Experience building applications using either Kotlin, Swift, or React Native
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
Good to have
- Knowledge of bitcoin blockchain technology, experience in working with various types of cryptography to secure data.
- Experienced with writing software that interfaces with a variety of network protocols, with awareness of appropriate threading/locking models, or asynchronous design.
- Experience of handling large datasets in python, perhaps with numpy or scipy tooling
- Transaction-level awareness of cryptocurrencies (scripts, signatures, utxo set, proof of work, fees, blocks)
- Use of type checked and code-formatted python, pytest and similar, CI/CD.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.