BitGo is the leader in custody and security solutions with over $60B in assets under custody. Founded in 2013, BitGo is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets and established BitGo New York Trust in 2021. BitGo also offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services and supports over 400 digital assets on its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
BitGo is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Blockchain OS team and help us build highly reliable and scalable systems. This role can be worked remotely so long as your home base is metro Toronto, Canada (exceptional candidates outside of Toronto are encouraged to apply).
- Design and build strong, resilient, and robust APIs to power our application services
- Collaborate with other engineers and take responsibility for all facets of the development process, while actively participating in design and code reviews.
- Develop and coordinate software unit testing and system testing and validation procedures, and documentation
- Provide maintenance support and enhance performance to existing application code
- Monitor and troubleshoot production software issues and provide solutions while being a part of on-call rotation
- Expose and document functionality to the UI, third-party developers, and our internal and external tooling
- Follow legal policies as directed
Skills & Experience
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- Minimum of 3 years in building backend, server side applications
- Strong development experience with any of the JVM languages, preferably Java or Kotlin
- Experience building web services, preferably using REST
- Experience with unit and functional testing and debugging
- Experience with Asynchronous messaging technologies such as Apache Kafka, JMS or RabbitMQ
- Experience developing SaaS applications in the cloud, preferably AWS
- Strong experience with SQL databases like Postgres and MySQL
- Strong work ethics and willingness to work hard to achieve employer objectives
- Great at algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Experience in an agile development environment with continuous integration and continuous delivery, using tools such as Git, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with production troubleshooting and analysis using log/debugging tools such as Grafana, ELK, Splunk or New Relic
- Experience with NoSQL databases, preferably Mongo
- Proficiency with IDE-based development, especially in IntelliJ or Eclipse
- Understanding of and strong interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
*Benefits may vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.