About Cow Protocol:
Cow Protocol is a fully permissionless trading platform that leverages Batch Auctions as its price finding mechanism. The protocol enables batch auctions to maximize liquidity via Coincidence of Wants (CoWs) in addition to tapping all available on-chain liquidity whenever needed, and can be easily accessed through CowSwap, the first trading interface built on top of Cow Protocol.
At Cow Protocol, we have been one of the thought leaders for using batch auctions to address front-running and miner extractable value problems on existing decentralized exchange platforms. In addition, the protocol also leverages the concept of “ring trades” to boost liquidity in highly fragmented and long-tail token markets.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated backend engineer to help us build the next generation of decentralized trading protocols. As a dedicated systems engineer, you will gain ownership of our existing backend services, as well as influence the creation, design, and execution of future features and products. You will work on technically challenging aspects of our off-chain services as well as our developer-facing APIs and make sure we deliver reliable and performant features to improve the core CoW protocol.
You will have the opportunity to work with us on this challenge in one of our existing co-working spaces in Berlin or Lisbon. Alternatively, you can join us as a remote employee and work from your hometown, where we can also provide a membership for a local coworking space.
What you will do:
- Develop new functionality at the intersection of our solver and backend infrastructure (monitor real-time blockchain state, index and process blockchain data, provide statistical analyses, improve APIs) to enable a decentralized competition of solvers.
- While your focus will be writing concurrent backend systems in Rust/C++, you will also interact with Smart Contracts written in Solidity and our solvers written in Python.
- Work closely with researchers and product managers to ship features and come up with new solutions for challenging technological problems.
- Deliver high quality code for features from concept until production (including state of the art monitoring of our production solvers).
- Give thoughtful and in-depth code reviews of your colleagues’ contributions to our codebase.
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of experience with distributed systems engineering, preferably in C++ or Rust (Go, Java or similar).
- You have excellent knowledge of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and strong programming and algorithmic skills.
- You care deeply about the quality and readability of your code.
- You are proactive in giving technical directions for improving performance and data usage, preventing issues, and refactoring the codebase.
- You are a team player, strong communicator and love to share your knowledge with others.
- You collaborate effectively with a remote-first team on a large codebase.
It is a plus if you bring:
- Understanding of the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem, general finance and/or game theory and mechanism design.
- Experience with architecting complex software systems
- Basic knowledge of statistics and/or optimization.
What we can offer you:
- Excited about joining a decentralized company? Flexibility and “remote first” is at the core of our culture. We started working asynchronously long before the pandemic and are a diverse mix of people from all over the world.
- Do you need resources to pursue your professional goals? We got you covered with personal education and conference budgets.
- Is there something that interests you outside of your core tasks? You can use your Friday afternoons on research or for working on any side project in our ecosystem.
- Our hierarchy is flat, so there is no chance to get lost in vertical looking organizational structure.
- And do not worry about your equipment and subscriptions. We will equip you with the latest hardware and provide you with all the tools you need!
- We also offer competitive pay both in terms of base salary as well as with a generous token plan (think StartUp equity).
We look forward to your application!