Ripple is looking for an engineering leader to help manage and guide the Data Infrastructure team to drive the company building scalable and self-serve Data infrastructure. As the Senior Software Engineering Manager, you will lead the effort to enable Ripple to democratize data by developing a self-serving data infrastructure.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage and mentor a team of engineers responsible for designing, building, and operating our ever-growing data infrastructure
- Establish team objectives in alignment with business goals
- Work closely with engineering leaders to identify bottlenecks in our existing data infrastructure and guide the team in improving and scaling it; ensure that technical decisions support our quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security goals
- Support our analytics, data science, and ML teams
- Build systems and services that abstract the engines and will allow the users to focus on business and application logic via higher-level programming models
- Improve and maintain data pipelines and tools to keep pace with the growth of our data and its consumers
- Identify and analyze requirements and use cases from multiple internal teams (including finance, compliance, analytics, data science, and engineering, ML); work with other technical leads to design solutions for the requirements.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team; develop their careers by assigning them to projects tailored to their skills, personalities, work styles, and goals
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- Work with your team and customers to sketch out the company’s vision for a data services architecture
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of software infrastructure experience
- 3+ years as a people leader and a technical leader
- Deep experience with distributed systems, distributed data stores, data pipelines, and other tools in cloud services environments (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Experience with building and managing API and Inbound data infrastructure for data Ingestion into the data lake
- A strong advocate of data governance and data quality
- Experience with big data tech stack Hadoop, Spark, Hudi, etc.
- Ability to make build versus buy decisions
- Experience with distributed event streaming platforms like Kafka, Flink, etc.
- Experience with database internals, database language theories, database design, SQL and database programming
- You have a passion for building and motivating teams to reach their potential
- You are a strong partner to other engineering and non-engineering teams and can drive cross-functional projects forward
- You have experience building internal infrastructure that is shared across teams
- Solid leadership and communication skills
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with AWS or Google cloud ecosystems
- Experience in building self-service data services
- Crypto domain experience or interest
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced startup environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.